REVENUE AUDIT SUPERVISOR
Company: SYCUAN CASINO
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The ancestors of the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation existed
many centuries ago as a community of people...a Tribe living
together, farming, hunting and fishing to survive.
Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs
its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and
owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense of
community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a
community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether
you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or
become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will
be part of the Sycuan family.
Supervises casino revenue audits and audit staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or
changed at the sole discretion of Sycuan Management at any
- Ensures the efficiency of revenue audits by planning,
scheduling and assigning duties to Revenue Auditors, drafting,
reviewing and revising written internal procedures, providing
information, updates and guidance to staff members as needed, and
assisting with audits as necessary.
- Ensures the accuracy of general ledger revenue reports and
assists with month end close by reviewing journal entries on a
weekly basis, making corrections and/or adjusting journal entries
as appropriate, generating monthly standard journal entries,
preparing exception reports for violations discovered during
audits, and providing information to management for timely
- Develops team members by identifying training needs, providing
instruction as needed, conducting performance appraisals, and
providing counseling, guidance, and corrective action as
- Conducts daily gaming and hospitality revenue audits as well as
MICS testing as needed.
- Assists the Casino Financial Controller and Accounting Manager
by completing special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent
- 3 years general accounting experience
- 2 years accounting supervisory experience Desirable:
- Tribal Gaming experience Skills and Knowledge: Essential:
- Proficiency in G/L account analysis
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent English writing proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to work with multiple reporting applications
- Ability to apply knowledge and make sound judgments
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse team member
- Ability to perform moderately complex mathematical
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear concise
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity
- Ability to use 10-key by sight or touch
- Record-keeping and organizational skills Supervisory/Managerial
Direct: Revenue Auditors
If you enjoy being part of a community dedicated to creating a
memorable guest experience, we invite you to explore career
opportunities with Sycuan and join our winning team!
Keywords: SYCUAN CASINO, El Cajon , REVENUE AUDIT SUPERVISOR, Accounting, Auditing , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!