Company: Southwest Key Programs
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Teacher is responsible for curriculum development which
facilitates instruction appropriate for students with a variety of
academic competencies, backgrounds, skills, and learning needs. To
design and implement daily instruction of all core subject areas to
include: ESL, PE and Vocational Courses. The Teacher is to promote
a positive climate of learning and excellence where students have
the opportunity to enhance their developmental growth.#ZR,
- Create a safe and inclusive classroom environment of respect
and rapport to ensure a positive learning experience for youth with
- Organize and prepare materials for daily instruction while
ensuring the inventory of classroom materials, may include:
textbooks, furniture, and other equipment needed to assist in the
provision of instruction.
- Utilize the SWK adopted curriculum to ensure compliance with
National Academic Standards.
- Individualize lesson plans to meet each students academic
- Assist with the coordination of Physical Education instruction
with Shift Supervisor, Shift Leader or Program Director to ensure
compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Develop Individualized Educational Plans to report and document
student's developmental progress (cognitive, emotional, social and
- Use effective instructional strategies to meet the academic
needs of the students.
- Provide a vocational course and curriculum in a subject area
approved by program director or designee which introduces youth to
- Maintain a record of student's academic progress (grade book)
for the development of report cards.
- Meet departmental and program deadlines to ensure contractual
compliance with reporting requirements.
- Assist with the development of the Educational Domain Service
Plan submitted initially at 21 days and 30 days thereafter as
required by funding source.Other Functions::
- Attend all organizational required trainings.
- Attend trainings that will enhance professional growth in the
area of Education and/or Vocational curriculum and instruction with
pre-approval from program director or designee.
- Attend all departmental and program meetings to ensure that
up-to-date information is received and/or information of policy
changes or practice are adhered to.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of special
educational events to include but not limited to spelling bee,
science fair, SWK Olympics), acculturation activities (to include
but not limited to Cesar Chavez Day, Thanksgiving, Chinese New
Year, Fourth of July, Holi (Festival of Colors), 16th of
September), Educational Outings (to include but not limited to
visits to museums, water conservation center), coordinate Student
Council Activities and other meaningful experiences for SWK
learners which promotes volunteerism.
- Must assist in the evacuation of youth as needed due to
inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other
- Willing to travel if needed for trainings, conferences or to
transport youth to destination if reunified within the S.
- Attend Treatment Team Meetings to convey academic progress to
all disciplines present.
- Must maintain any professional or para-professional
certifications acquired while employed with SWK annually.
- Ensure the proper supervision of youth at all times.
- Collaborate with local ISD to promote an effective and
productive partnership. (if applicable)
- Ensure the initial Academic Diagnostic Assessment is
administered to youth within 72 hours upon arrival in the absence
of a Lead Teacher/Education Coordinator
- Administer the post Academic Diagnostic Assessment within 45
days from the date of the initial assessment in the absence of a
Lead Teacher/Education Coordinator.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.Qualifications and Requirements::
- Bachelor's degree required in the field of Education or related
- Must be a certified Educator in the state where employed.
- 1-2 years of paid or unpaid experience working with youth in a
bilingual setting preferred.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft
Windows (Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Cleared drug test results (this one is for Texas programs
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.Physical
Demands::Must be able to obtain Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI)
certification and First Aid Certification (CPR). Must be able to
supervise clients indoors and outdoors as necessary. Bending,
stooping and lifting up to 20 lbs required to complete daily tasks.
Involves walking and standing for extended periods of time.Work
Environment::This is a twenty four hour residential facility at
which minors receive multiple services. Three shifts per twenty
four hour period. Work shifts are subject to change. Noise levels
vary from mild to moderate. Predominantly indoors, occasional
outdoor monitoring or activities.
Keywords: Southwest Key Programs, El Cajon , Teacher, Education / Teaching , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!