Aircraft Mechanic Crew Chief
Company: Elliot Aviation Inc
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Elliott Aviation has an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft
Mechanic Crew Chief at their corporate headquarters in Moline, IL.
Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of
comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation.
Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our
employees as well as our customers.This hands-on position is
responsible for managing all aspects of assigned aircraft projects
including coordinating necessary resources, documentation and
communication with appropriate personnel, including customers, to
ensure timeliness and quality maintenance for delivery of the
assigned aircraft projects.Responsibilities of this position
- Lead assigned technicians on all aspects of assigned aircraft
projects to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency throughout all
phases of the projects.
- Lead projects by scheduling and assigning work for team members
and monitoring day-to-day activities of team members for compliance
and quality performance.
- Oversee, complete, and maintain accurate and timely aircraft
and project documentation
- Inspect, service, repair, and troubleshoot aircraft systems
utilizing the Elliott Aviation approved procedures and policies,
FAA approved Quality Control and Repair Station Manuals, and the
appropriate Original Equipment Manufacturers' Maintenance
- Support, maintain, and comply with all Federal, OSHA, State,
and local regulations, and Elliott Aviation's Environmental,
Health, and Safety Policies and Processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Top candidates will possess:
- Ability to manage a team with both experienced technicians and
mentor junior technicians with a calm demeanor.
- Ability to communicate well, in advanced/complex
- Organizational skills and attention to details
- Project Planning and scheduling skills
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a desire to initiate
improvements with in defined boundariesOther Requirements Include:
- Airframe and Power plant Certificate required
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred
- Must obtain & retain designation as an Elliott Aviation
Production Inspector (Blue stamp)
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required
- Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred
- Thorough knowledge of FARs 43, 65, 91, 135, 145.
- Eight years plus of aviation related experience required
- One year plus of previous project lead experience required
- Quality System Management preferred
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties
- Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as needed
- Occasional overnight and short notice travelRequired
Keywords: Elliot Aviation Inc, El Cajon , Aircraft Mechanic Crew Chief, Engineering , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!