Technician - BMW of El Cajon
Company: Sunroad BCV Auto Inc. d/b/a BMW of El Cajon
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Technician - BMW of El Cajon
Become a member of a winning team! We are currently accepting
applications for a Technician. Technicians inspect, maintain and
repair vehicles. Technicians use diagnostic tools to identify the
source of problems and then make adjustments or repairs. As with
all positions within dealerships, Technicians are expected to
uphold the highest ethical standards.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing work
specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance
with dealership and/or factory standards.
- Repairing or replacing all parts of a vehicle including wheels,
axles, frames, defective ball joint suspensions and brake shoes;
installing and repairing air conditioners and servicing components
such as compressors, condensers, and controls; and testing
electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure that they
are working properly.
- Communicating directly with the service advisor so that customers
can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Inspecting and testing new vehicles for damage and recording
findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Training apprentice or entry-level technicians.
- Most technicians have two to five years of experience as an
entry-level automotive technician and hold at least one National
Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in
the eight automotive specialty areas (engine repair, engine
performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems,
automatic transmissions, manual transmission and axle, brakes and
- Technicians must keep abreast of the federal, state and local
regulations that affect their operations, and must also comply with
these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA
- Extensive knowledge of the specialized area and general vehicle
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read work orders.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
certification for area of expertise.
- Three years of related experience.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs needed.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform
repairs and inspections.
BMW of El Cajon offers excellent benefits, including medical and
dental insurance, life insurance, a 401K plan, flexible spending
accounts, golf discounts, advancement opportunities and much
BMW of El Cajon is an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v) and
maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of
employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the
successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and
Keywords: Sunroad BCV Auto Inc. d/b/a BMW of El Cajon, El Cajon , Technician - BMW of El Cajon, Engineering , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!