Machine Mechanic II (Day Shift)
Company: Taylor Guitars
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Machine Mechanic II (Day Shift)
Machine Tool Repair & Maintenance
POSITION SUMMARY The Machine Mechanic installs, maintains and
repairs in house machinery commonly found in the wood working
industry ranging from sanders, saws, routers, collectors, CNC
machines and robotic integrated equipment. The Machine Mechanic
supports all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, vacuum
and dust collection needs and assists other internal teams under
the direction of the Machine Maintenance Supervisor. Department:
Machine Tool R&M FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday Day Shift 6:30 am - 3:00 pm Machine
Mechanic II Salary Range: $25.90 - 31.03/hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Reasonable Accommodations
Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Identifies and uses appropriate hand
tools and personal protection equipment needed for specific
- Properly performs Lockout-Tagout procedure.
- Strong knowledge of how to use power hand and shop tools as
well as to work with different materials properly.
- Performs preventive maintenance based on equipment
manufacturer's recommendation and/or internal documentation.
- Troubleshoots and reports situations for further direction on
- Reads and interprets procedural manuals and machine operation
- Disassembles and assembles machinery such as band saws, drill
presses, planners, shapers, VMCs and other equipment integrations
with the use of blueprints, diagrams, pictures and written
- Interprets schematic drawings and properly utilize diagnostic
- Writes detailed reports and maintain equipment maintenance
- Plans and executes machine moves and installation of new
- Installs and repairs pneumatic, hydraulic, vacuum and dust
collection equipment and components. Under the supervision of
certified electrician, install and repair electrical components and
- Identifies replacement parts from equipment documentation
and/or with equipment manufacturer's support.
- Ability to travel to Tecate factory to assist in Maintenance
Mechanic activities as needed. Level 2: All requirements of level
one in addition to: 3 to 6 years of experience in equipment
commonly used at Taylor Guitar's or the wood industry. Well versed
in the use of hand and power tools, as well as precision measuring
equipment commonly used in the fabrication of tools or in the
repair of electromechanical equipment. Well versed in most safety
related procedures, as well as proficient in the use of all PPE
employed at Taylor Guitars. Ability to define and perform advanced
repair procedures on his/her own or working with entry level and/or
senior mechanics. Ability to create detailed reports and
communicate findings to senior mechanics and management. Works
under moderate supervision. Provides low complexity assistance and
training to lower level employees. COMPETENCIES:
- Team Oriented - Ability to get along with others and to work
well in a team environment.
- Customer Focus - Knows who internal customers are. Identifies
opportunities that benefit the customer (internal and external).
Establishes and maintains effective relationships. Delivers
products that meet customer expectations.
- Results Oriented - Works as a productive and cooperative member
of a cohesive group. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite
obstacles and setbacks. Pushes self and helps others achieve
results. Solution vs. problem oriented. Demonstrates ability to
adjust when obstacles arise.
- Communicates Effectively - Communicates proactively and with
purpose and professionally, in a concise and straightforward
manner. Attentively listens to others. Communicates to those
involved, especially if agreements cannot be kept.
- Accountability - Takes personal responsibility for decisions,
behaviors, actions and failures, and commits to necessary
corrective action. Able to admit limitations of knowledge, yet
demonstrate a willingness to do what is needed to improve.
Proactively seeks feedback without being defensive. Does what is
right because it is the right thing to do. Leaves personal
circumstances outside of work in order to remain engaged in the
task at hand. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity.
- Reliability - Demonstrates reliable and predictable attendance
- Technical Aptitude - Knowledge of how to use equipment and
- Technical Aptitude - Knowledge to meet productivity
- Technical Aptitude - Advanced skill of machine setup and
- Problem Solving - Ability to troubleshoot, report situations or
resolve the problem independently.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education & Experience: Minimum of three
years of experience as, equipment maintenance mechanic, facilities
maintenance technician or metal fabricator. Experience
operating/programming CNC machining with various materials such
metals, plastics and wood. Experience in troubleshooting different
types of controls such as open-closed-loop drive systems, variable
frequency drives and programmable logic controllers. Experience
working in robotic integrations, welding (MIG and TIG), soldering
and bracing are desired but not required. The combination of two
years of education and three years of experience in the above
mentioned fields is desired but not required. Computer Skills:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literate with the
ability to learn new software applications. Certifications &
Licenses: Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
Possess or qualify to obtain international passport. Fork lift and
scissor lift operation certificate. Other Requirements: Ability to
participate as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
Keywords: Taylor Guitars, El Cajon , Machine Mechanic II (Day Shift), Engineering , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!