Bioprocess Field Service Engineer - S. California
Company: Eppendorf Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 21, 2019
EPPENDORF IS LOOKING FOR A BIOPROCESS FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER IN THE
SAN DIEGO, CA AREA.
Eppendorf is a leading life science company that develops and sells
instruments, consumables, and services for liquid-, sample-, and
cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Eppendorf products are
used in academic and commercial research laboratories, e.g., in
companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnological as well as
the chemical and food industries.
This employee will be representing the Eppendorf by servicing
equipment at customer sites, making sales recommendations, and
troubleshooting our bioprocess instrumentation.
* Perform service efficiently and effectively on Bioprocess
instrumentation hardware and software as requested or initiated.
This includes but is not limited to installation, repair, operator
training, preventive maintenance, testing, inspecting,
troubleshooting, adjustments, calibrations, alignments and part
replacement. Adheres to service manuals, technical procedures and
direction while properly documenting and managing work activity,
billing and quality documents in-house, on site at customer
facilities or over the phone as required.
* Responsible for the sale of Eppendorf North America service
products to meet stated revenue and costs objectives to meet
personal, department, and corporate metric/goals. Activities
include; define customer needs, understanding service products,
quoting and selling activities. Participates in generating cross
selling leads to sales colleagues to promote sales growth.
Responsible for corporate assets including company vehicle,
inventory, company tools, equipment and all other assigned
* Establish and maintain a high degree of technical knowledge
pertaining to service activities described. Satisfactory completion
service training curriculum on an ongoing basis.
* Creates a high level of customer satisfaction through exhibiting
both excellent technical and customer skills. Demonstrates a
positive can do professional image and attitude in front of
customers and colleagues always. Communicates status and
expectations in both written and verbal formats in clear, complete,
concise manner at frequent or as requested intervals. Exhibits
excellent proactive pre- call planning and follow up skills.
* Routinely requires extensive or overnight travel up to 80% on
short notice within or sometimes beyond defined territory or
routine business hours to support customers, trainings and/or other
ENA Service needs.
* Promotes the sale of Eppendorf North America service products to
meet budgeted and associated service and sales goals.
* Responsible for inventory management of spare parts. Maintains
and re-orders suitable inventory and complies with all the
company's inventory control policies, procedures, rules and
* Responsible for proper care of company tools, equipment and all
other assigned assets.
* Adheres to universal safety precautions as required by Eppendorf
North America and all other requirements mandated by clientele.
* Responsible to follow all required elements of the Quality
Management System and all other company policies and procedures
* Associate s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or
* 3+ years hands-on experience working as a Service Engineer is
preferred or related electrical/mechanical/software experience on
* Effectively demonstrates Eppendorf s key competencies in the
* Customer Focus - building strong relationships across the
organization and delivering customer-centric solutions
* Decision Quality - Making well-informed and timely decisions that
keep the organization moving forwar
* Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared objectives
* Drives Results - Balancing competing priorities without
comprising quality. Consistently achieving results with a sense of
* Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences
* Manages Ambiguity Resourceful and resilient; operates
effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is
* Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
* Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to
* Cultivates Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful
Are you interested in learning more about this exciting
opportunity* If so, submit an application online at
www.eppendorf.com. *PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL DOCUMENTS UPLOADED TO THE
APPLICATION MUST BE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FILE TYPES: .PDF, .DOCX,
Eppendorf and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions
with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race,
color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship
status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status,
veteran status or any other protected group status.
Keywords: Eppendorf Inc., El Cajon , Bioprocess Field Service Engineer - S. California, Engineering , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!