Assistant Manager Ambulatory Care Department RN, Family Medicine (La Mesa)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: January 9, 2021
- Assists in managing a single
department or multiple small departments providing ambulatory
patient care services by supervising daily operations and patient
care activities. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible,
cost effective care and patient focused services to members across
the continuum which comply with local, state, and federal
requirements. Implements and supervises the maintenance of clinical
practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Assists in
integrating services/operations with nursing standards of practice,
service priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as
with business, departmental and organizational
- Supervises daily operations and service delivery.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in
compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, federal, state
and local requirements.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service
standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates processes to improve
systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and
develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train and maintain
the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development.
- Supervises the implementation of policies and procedures which
support the goals and business objectives of the organization and
- Collaborates with physicians, department chief, and nursing
manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and
the day-to day operations of the department.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor
relations, employee and department safety, and risk management
- Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in ambulatory care or other
relevant clinical experience required.OR
- Minimum two (2) years in leadership capacityOR
- Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California
Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) years experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- AHA BLS certification required.Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local state,
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
- May work during hours outside those stated for urgent
issues.PrimaryLocation : California,La Mesa,La Mesa Medical
OfficesHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : VariableWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart : 7:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd :
10:00 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status
: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-SCAL-01-NUE-Non
Union EmployeeJob Level : Team Leader/SupervisorJob Category :
Nursing LicensedDepartment : Primary Care ServicesTravel : Yes, 5 %
of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, El Cajon , Assistant Manager Ambulatory Care Department RN, Family Medicine (La Mesa), Executive , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!