Executive Director of Food and Beverage
Company: SYCUAN CASINO
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The ancestors of the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation existed
many centuries ago as a community of people...a Tribe living
together, farming, hunting and fishing to survive.
Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs
its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and
owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense of
community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a
community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether
you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or
become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will
be part of the Sycuan family.
Directs and oversees the Food and Beverage operations and its
respective Team Members for Sycuan Casino Resort. Implements a wide
variety of programs consistent with the missions and goals of the
Casino Resort to enhance the guest experience, foster a positive
and engaging environment for Team Members while achieving revenue
goals. All responsibilities must be completed within all policies,
procedures, rules & regulations set forth by Sycuan and the Gaming
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- In collaboration with Casino Executive Management and F&B
Management, develops and formulates long and short-range planning,
policies, programs and objectives for all F&B operations.
- Formulates and recommends F&B policies and programs that
guide the property in maintaining and improving its services and
products, and the profitability of the operations.
- Directs and monitors F&B management to accomplish goals,
consistent with established F&B procedures.
- Develops and manages F&B operating budgets.
- Directs F&B forecasting activities and sets performance
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to F&B
operations (e.g., guest service, food quality standards, cost
reduction, staffing, etc.).
- Ensures all F&B Team Members are informed of
communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect
their performance, attitudes and results.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry
influencers and key strategic partners.
- Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, in order
to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Keeps current on information and technology affecting
functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Ensures effective control of F&B operational results, and
takes corrective action to ensure achievement objectives fall
within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates F&B operations and adjusts
strategies to meet changing market, economic and competitive
- Guides preparation of F&B activity and operational reports
and presents to VP of F&B
- Establishes and maintains a consistent Sycuan Casino Resort
image throughout all Enterprise properties and venues' products,
promotional materials and events.
- Performs other duties as directed. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Service Management, Business
Administration or related field.
- 5 years of food and beverage department head and/or executive
experience in a casino or large hotel/ resort environment
- Experience directing operations of casual and fine dining,
bars/ lounges and banquet environments. Desired Qualifications
- Pool operations experience Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience managing and developing a management team inclusive
of department heads and/ or directors
- Experience creating and directing comprehensive beverage
programs to include wine, beer and mixology
- Solid understanding of Food and Beverage rules, regulations,
standards, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills and
- Excellent team building skills.
- Strong knowledge of food and labor costs, budgeting, planning,
control methods, and applications.
- Knowledge of general business, financial, and accounting
systems and methods.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office
products, e-mail and internet. Physical Requirements of the
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception)
is needed for navigating office and restaurant environments,
reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data
processing equipment and other essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to
manipulate, handle, or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with
hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Working Conditions:
- Flexible work hours including nights and weekends.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, cigarette
smoke or airborne particles.
- The employee is usually subject to inside environmental
conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but
not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The employee is occasionally subject to outside environmental
conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or
- You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of
the tasks listed in this job description.
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any
time. If you enjoy being part of a community dedicated to creating
a memorable guest experience, we invite you to explore career
opportunities with Sycuan and join our winning team! Associated
topics: assistant general manager, conference, day manager, day
shift manager, food service supervisor, front end, night shift
manager, partner, restaurant operations, service manager
Keywords: SYCUAN CASINO, El Cajon , Executive Director of Food and Beverage, Executive , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!