Business Development Manager - Parkway Plaza
Company: Starwood Retail Partners
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Business Development Manager - Parkway Plaza The Business
Development Manager --will be responsible for coordinating all
aspects of license agreement administration, real estate analysis
and site submittal presentations, in addition to supporting the
leasing team from a legal research and financial analysis
perspective. This position is based in El Cajon, CA. Primary
- Accountable for driving revenue by prospecting new and working
on renewal of short-term License Agreements and long term Leases
identified by the company.
- Identify, qualify and secure retailers through cold-calling and
- Canvass the region to find and develop retail operations and
concepts for the shopping center and funnel useful contacts and
ideas to corporate.
- Maintain and update prospect / deal activity regularly.
- Manage deals through all stages from call-calling, negotiation,
unit designs, fully executed agreements, move-in, set-up and sales
- Meet and or exceed projected income goal.
- Monitor specialty retailers' activities and resolve problems in
conjunction with the shopping center's General Manager.
- Monitor and ensure visual merchandising requirements and
standards are met.
- Negotiate rents and terms with specialty retailers in
accordance with company guidelines.
- Develop relationships with specialty retailers to encourage
repeat business and referrals.
- Monitor fixture inventory and permanent specialty retailers'
exclusives and restrictions.
- Oversee and monitor specialty retailers' payments and sales
reports in conjunction with mall staff.
- Interact with local government to ensure compliance to all
ordinances and regulations.
- Negotiate, generate and enforce provisions of the license
agreement and lease.
- Review and approve retailer set-up, signage, and build-out
- Collect and monitor weekly/monthly minimum rent and percentage
- Write maintenance orders and follow up on performance.
- Deliver timely and accurate data through completion of all
weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Monitor insurance and business/tax/licenses of specialty
- Coordinate specialty retailers' move-in and move-out with
staff, maintenance, and security.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. THE CANDIDATE The
successful candidate will be a professional with demonstrated
experience in the role or a similar role. Strong preference for
candidates with regional mall experiences. Experience and Training:
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in the business
development, specialty leasing and/or leasing fields. Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deal making, prospecting, networking and leasing
- Must have strong closing skills
- Ability to travel by automobile and air, and to work evenings,
weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Good computer skills including spreadsheet and database
applications. Professional and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the
ability to interact with a broad constituency.
- Results-oriented and high energy.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and
professional development as well as that of his or her
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to
work with database systems. Starwood Retail--provides equal
opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications Skills Preferred Systems Oriented Intermediate
Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite Intermediate Microsoft Excel
Intermediate Behaviors Preferred Leader: Inspires teammates to
follow them Team Player: Works well as a member of a group Detail
Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details
necessary to get the task done well
Keywords: Starwood Retail Partners, El Cajon , Business Development Manager - Parkway Plaza, Executive , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!