Director of Staff Development
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 19, 2023
*Director of Staff Development*
The primary purpose of your job is to plan, organize, develop, and
direct all in-service educational programs throughout the facility
in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines and regulations, and as many be directed by
the administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality
resident care can be maintained at all times.
*Duties & Responsibilities:*
* Plan, develop, evaluate, and coordinate educational and
on-the-job training programs.
* Incorporate commercially produced instruction material and
training aids into existing in-service programs as deemed
* Provide leadership in formulating the goals and objectives of the
in-service educational programs of this facility.
* Develop, evaluate and control the quality of in-service
educational programs in accordance with established policies and
* Secure, develop and maintain records, reports, instructional
manuals, reference materials, etc., pertinent to in-service
* Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary
forms, reports, class attendance and subject records, etc.
* Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the
administrator concerning in-service training programs.
* Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of
directing the in-service educational programs.
* Work with the facility's consultants as necessary and implement
recommended changes as required.
* Assist department directors in obtaining and scheduling of
speakers to present in-service training programs.
* Ensure that in-service training classrooms or areas are properly
prepared before training classes begin.
* Delegate authority, responsibility, and accountability to other
* Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be
* Assist the Quality Assessment and Assurance Coordinator in
developing and implementing a quality assurance program for
* Develop, direct and schedule refresher training, as necessary,
for assigned staff and licensed professional personnel.
* Remain current on new developments by attending professional
institutions, reading professional journals and attending
* Attend and participate in your professional associations
activities and programs, etc., to assure that you keep abreast of
current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional
standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and
procedures to the administrator.
* Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, and
scheduling of orientation programs that orient newly hired
personnel to their position, the facility's policies and
procedures, resident rights and responsibilities, etc.
* Assist licensed nursing personnel (i.e., RNs, LVNs and CNAs) in
obtaining in-service training to keep their license current in
accordance with state law. Provide in-service training as
* Ensure that all personnel attend and participate in annual OSHA
an CDC in-service training programs for hazard communication, TB
management, and bloodborne pathogens standard.
* Assist in the development of the in-service training budget.
* Ensure that copies of lesson plans, instructor's qualifications,
etc., are filed in accordance with the facility's policies and
* Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited
college or university.
* Most possess a DSD Certification.
* Minimum of 1 year experience as DSD in SNF/Long-Term setting is
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice
as a Nurse in the state.
* Must posses the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
* Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously wit other personnel.
* Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing training practices.
* Must possess the ability to plan and develop new programs.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm,
as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents and
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace
*Avocado Post Acute* is a post-acute rehab center committed to
providing a higher level of nursing care by personalizing our
services to our patients' needs. Avocado Post Acute is proud to be
a 5-Star CRM facility that offers a fun, exciting program including
outings, high-tech gaming, and various events and classes to cater
to our residents' psychosocial needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $99,840.00 - $104,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Wound Care
* Acute care
* Long term care
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Confidential, El Cajon , Director of Staff Development, Executive , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!