Speech Language Pathologist, SLP
Company: Therapy Specialists
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Currently seeking a Part-Time Speech Language Pathologist for
two beautiful Senior Living Communities in San Diego, CA!-- Therapy
Specialists is excited to announce a wonderful opportunity for a
Speech Language Pathologist to work Part-Time at two beautiful
Senior Living Communities in San Diego, CA. Grossmont Gardens in La
Mesa and La Vida Real in El Cajon are sister facilities located
less than ten miles away from one another. We are looking for a
knowledgeable SLP-CCC with experience working in Senior Living to
provide campus-based outpatient Speech Therapy services to
residents at both campuses in assisted and independent living. The
position will be Part-Time, 5 Days per week for up to 4 hour per
day or 3 Days per week for up to 8 hours per day. This is a
wonderful opportunity to work with two multi-disciplinary rehab
teams that are passionate about helping patients achieve their
goals and return to life's activities that are most meaningful to
them! Position Requirements:
- An active Speech Language Pathologist License (SLP) in
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- A minimum of 1 year of recent experience in Senior Living or
working with Geriatric patients is required.
- LSVT Certification or training in Parkinson's Disease is
preferred, but not required.
- Understanding and use of a wide variety of assessment tools
such as SLUMS, MASA, MOCA, and RIPA.
- Casamba EMR experience is preferred.
- Ability to float between two facilities.
- Willingness to float to other nearby Therapy Specialists
facilities, as needed. Position Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
- Screening, evaluating, and providing treatment in the following
areas: expressive and receptive aphasia, cognitive-linguistic
deficits, dysphasia, and dysarthria.
- Providing caregiver and family training, as needed.
- Effectively communicating with other disciplines, nursing,
physicians, and families.
- Completing thorough documentation and managing paperwork
efficiently with independence.
- Providing excellent customer service and patient care.
- Assisting with the growth of Speech Therapy program, as well as
supporting the growth of other disciplines by advocating for all
- Conducting Health Talks and providing community education on
the benefits of Speech Therapy.
- Networking with other providers to facilitate cross referral
relationships. Why Therapy Specialists? Founded in 1976 by Susan J.
Harris, OTR, a nationally respected pioneer in rehab services and
recipient of the 2018 OTAC Lifetime Achievement Award, Therapy
Specialists is San Diego's largest independent therapy provider -
providing comprehensive rehabilitation programs and consulting
services to skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted
living communities, memory care facilities, adult day health and
outpatient settings throughout California. We deliver our
associates a culture of collaboration, support, opportunity and
recognition, so they can reach their potential and deliver the best
possible care to our patients and partners. We are looking for a
professional, enthusiastic, and skilled Speech Language Pathologist
is interested in collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of
therapists and providing outstanding patient care.
- Highly competitive compensation and benefit package
- 401(k) plan
- 5-Time Award Recipient of "Best Places to Work"
- Monthly awards for associates in recognition of their efforts
in going 'above and beyond'
- Unparalleled reputation for best practices that meet today's
healthcare challenges Therapy Specialists supports and values the
uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where
diversity is embraced. Therapy Specialists is an Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action / Disability / Vets Employer.-- Apply Now with
our quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are Required What is your
full name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number
Number Type What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Therapy Specialists, El Cajon , Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, Healthcare , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!