Mental Health Specialist - CA Otay Mesa
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At CoreCivic, our Mental Health teams make lasting changes in
the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the
industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even
more rewarding. CoreCivic is currently seeking Mental Health
Specialists who have a passion for providing the highest quality
care in an institutional setting. The Mental Health Specialist is
responsible for assists in the development, implementation,
monitoring and documentation of mental health treatment plans and
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a
review of available records, and clinical interviews with
- As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical
staff, e.g., psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health service
provider's physicians, nurse, and social workers, in order to
gather and provide information concerning patient psychological
problems, to ensure treatment activities are well integrated and
patient care follow-through occurs.
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and
modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of
needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health
care record for each person seen.
- Consults with and makes appropriate recommendations to
multidisciplinary staff (e.g., security staff, unit staff, and
facility management) regards behavior and mental health issues
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and
information at all times.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of psychological counseling
theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for
individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and
confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of
inmates in crisis.
- Administrators mental status exams or uses other psychological
tests and instruments as necessary to evaluate inmates' treatment,
adjustment, and placement needs. More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with
a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high-quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to the government and the
people they serve.
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successful
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe. With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional
facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship,
classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics,
recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more.
Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform
countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic
employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest
quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with
company match and paid training! Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with an AA
degree in social or behavioral science or a closely related field
required. BA Degree Preferred.
- One year experience where the primary responsibility was
provision of mental health or counseling services.
- Additional related work experience that includes direct
provision of counseling services or training for same may be
substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by
contract or applicable statute.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-FreeWorkplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, El Cajon , Mental Health Specialist - CA Otay Mesa, Healthcare , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!