Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN - Will Train
Company: Fresenius Medical Center
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: January 24, 2023
POSITION FEATURES:SIGN ON BONUS INCLUDED!!!PURPOSE AND SCOPE:The
professional registered nurse Outpatient RN CAP 1 is an entry level
designation into the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP). This
position is accountable and responsible for the provision and
coordination of clinically competent care including assessment,
planning, intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of
patients. This may include delegation of appropriate tasks to
direct patient care staff including but not limited to RNs,
LVN/LPNs and Patient Care Technicians. As a member of the End Stage
Kidney Disease (ESKD) health care team, this position participates
in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality
improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and
facility operations.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:All
duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards
of nursing practice, state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with guidance from the Clinical Educator, Preceptor
or in collaboration with other Registered Nurses.
- Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre during post hemodialysis treatment for assigned patients
and documents in the patient medical record, makes adjustments or
modifications to treatment plan as indicated and notifies Team
Leader, Charge Nurse, Supervisor or Physician as needed.
- Assesses, collaborates, and documents patient/familys basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Directs and provides, in collaboration with direct and
ancillary patient care staff, all aspects of the daily provision of
safe and effective delivery of hemodialysis therapy to assigned
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s), and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
- Identifies expected outcomes, documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Required to complete CAP requirements to advance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Day to day work includes desk work, computer work, interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
- The position may require travel to training sites or other
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.SUPERVISION:Assigned oversight of
Patient Care Technicians/LPNs/LVNs/RNs as a Team Leader or
designated Nurse in Charge, after meeting all the following:
- Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees.
- Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as a RN.
- Must have a minimum of 3 months experience in chronic/acute
hemodialysis as a RN.EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing
experience in the last two years as a RN.
- Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse
- Chronic/acute hemodialysis experience (preferred).EO/AA
Orientation/Gender IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Center, El Cajon , Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN - Will Train, Healthcare , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!