Verizon Senior Engineer Consultant-Software Development - San Diego, CA
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 13, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- - Working alongside a team of engineers to deliver highly
available and scalable IOT Services/APIs.
- - Gathering and understanding requirements, design, develop, test
and deliver world class solutions.
- - Working closely with Product, Devops, QA and other engineering
- - Working on production issues and deploy working solutions
quickly to resolve customer issues.
- - Striving to follow best software design practices and enjoy
writing clean and maintainable code for Services/Applications.
- - Performing development of Microservices.
- - Providing adequate unit test coverage, participate in code
review sessions and provide feedback and suggestions on
- - Delivering projects on time in a fast paced agile
- - Taking ownership of tasks, making effective use of
collaboration to drive them to completion.
- - Working with Product Management and Operations to successfully
- - Supporting 24x7 available services and triaging customer
Where you'll be working---
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes
work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- - Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- - Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- - Experience in software design and development especially on web
- - Experience in writing good coverage unit testing.
- - Experience in web services (consuming or creating) with REST or
- - Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- - Master's degree in (Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant
- - Ability to be a team player.
Experience with Rest API, Microsoft Azure,.Net Core, Angular JS, N
unit , X unit, J unit Frameworks.
- - Experience in Version control, CI/CD tools: Git, tortoise SVN,
source tree, Git stash, Bitbucket, Jenkins & Maven.
- - Experience in Methodologies: Agile-scrum, Waterfall.
- - Experience in Operating system: Windows, Mac, Linux.
- - Experience in Bug tracker JIRA and Documentation tools
Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Bamboo.
- - Good written and verbal communication skills.
- - Programming and architecture experience with .NET/Java.
- - Knowledge ofKafka, SQLServer and NoSQL based solutions such as
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you
to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Software Development Engineer, Location: El
Cajon, CA - 92019 , PL: 551741560
Keywords: Verizon, El Cajon , Verizon Senior Engineer Consultant-Software Development - San Diego, CA, IT / Software / Systems , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!