Child Care Specialist
Company: Public Consulting Group
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 20, 2020
About Public Consulting GroupPublic Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG)
is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations
improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human
services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and
headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500
professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG's Human
Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services
agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better
serve populations in need. PCG's seasoned professionals offer
proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and
systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve
regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn
more, visit . Overall Responsibilities: Public Consulting Group,
Inc. (PCG) currently seeks highly organized and detail-oriented
individuals with drive and determination to aid in our mission to
support low income families in San Diego County. PCG offers
opportunities with challenges and performance-driven rewards to all
of our staff. Our corporate culture attracts individuals who are
interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well
as their own career. PCG is seeking highly motivated and dependable
Child Care Specialist with an interest in public service who can
work in our San Diego, CA Stage 1 Child Care Payment Services
operation. The Specialists will serve as information and
communication sources for parents, colleagues, providers, and other
county agencies to help link families with quality child care
options. These staff will be responsible for working with families
from diverse backgrounds, determining child care needs, entering
appropriate information into CalWIN, continuously monitoring child
care schedules and be the team lead for the KinderTrak data
management system. Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage incoming referrals, set up files and assure all
appropriate information is updated in and entered into the case
management data base system(s).
- Complete intake summaries with detailed notes form the
- Request and compile required verifications.
- Understanding of child care options available to parents,
including understanding of child care quality designations.
- Provide parents with information on child care resources and
- Complete client information in the case management
- Manage cases using all State and County computer systems.
- Identify proper forms; obtain signatures on all required forms
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with partners
including CalWORKs participants, County staff, child care providers
- Stage 2 and 3 child care payment agencies.
- Provide monthly reporting statistics to supervisor for
designated area of responsibility.
- Ensure regular quality control checks relative to data and
system functionality are performed of KinderTrak (KT4)
- Quality Control reports are run regularly. Data inconsistencies
or issues are brought to the attention of the supervisor.
- Provide training to newly hired staff in proper system
- Provides first line technical support and follow up training
support as needed. Escalates issues that cannot be easily or
quickly resolved or addressed to the supervisor.Required Skills
- Proper etiquette including customer relation techniques,
superior verbal and communications skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all
materials in the work setting.
- Understanding of modern office methods and practices; efficient
- Demonstrated ability to use various computer systems,
preferably CalWIN and KinderTrak, although not required.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
with community partners and providers.
- Ability to partner with and motivate clients from a diverse
range of backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a record keeping and follow-up system.
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision
and on multiple projects simultaneously. Required Education and
- At least 1 year of experience using the KinderTrak system.
- Demonstrated understanding and comfort working with software
systems and running reports.
- Ability to review system data and identified data integrity
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Accounting experience or background a plus.
- Previous child care management, resource and referral, and/or
payment experience preferred.
Keywords: Public Consulting Group, El Cajon , Child Care Specialist, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!