Location: El Cajon
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Position Title: Admission Advisor 1Location:San Bernardino
CampusDepartment:AdmissionsSupervisor:Regional Director of
AdmissionsTravel Required:Maybe RequiredJob Code:Full Time
hourly/non-exemptHours:VariesPosition Description:This position is
an Admissions customer service assignment. The general
responsibilities will be to take and/or return inquiry calls from
persons interested in knowing or receiving information about
educational programs offered by the college, to promptly up
oninquiries and set appointments to interview prospective students,
process applications, touring/testing the applicant. Both advisors
will be responsible for completing all required forms obtaining
required signatures, and the tracking of leads to their final
disposition.An Admissions Advisor I is responsible for responding
to inquiries from prospective students utilizing Summit's Lead
Management System. The Advisor will provide compliant information
per regulatory guidelines regarding academic programs, application
requirements & enrollment procedures. The primary mode of
communication is via phone and personal appointments held at the
College. The Advisor will provide Admissions related information to
the student (and his/her support system when applicable) while
exercising the highest levels of integrity in customer service. The
Advisor is responsible for the student from time of initial
contract through New Student Orientation with responsibilities
extending through the first week of classes through action items
identified & assigned through the Accountability Process.Essential
- Responsible to advise students through the Admissions process
and facilitate the collection of all required Admissions documents
relevant to the start.
- To know, maintain, adhere to, and comply with all applicable
corporate, state and federal regulatory rules and policies for
- Provide accurate and timely information regarding academic
programs, application and enrollment processes and requirements as
well as any Admissions related information to the student.
- To be responsible for keeping current with program changes as
well as to participate in programs for self-improvement and career
- To ensure prospective students have realistic expectations
regarding their course of study by adhering strictly to established
standards for Admissions.
- To act ethically and with integrity that is above reproach and
fulfills all requirements of the Summit College.
- Responsible to ensure that adequate, accurate and timely
student records are created and maintained during the Admissions
Process for submission to student services, including JTPS
paperwork, Rehab Paperwork and Financial Documentation, maintaining
proper files and abiding by regulations.
- To conduct interviews and evaluate each prospective student
based on his/her needs, desires, interests, qualifications,
motivations, and commitments.
- To convey only accurate, independently verifiable information
in the proper context to enable applicants to make well-informed
decisions to attend Summit College.
- Responsible for scheduling of call inquires, setting
appointments, conducting interviews, processing applications and
final disposition of inquiry.
- Responsible for maintaining your admission documentation and
- Responsible for the submission of applicant to Test Proctor for
entrance testing requirements
- Responsible for performing follow-up calls and correspondence
concerning the admissions process to counselors and potential
- Responsible for securing letters of authorization, JTPA
training orders, etc. For the third party payment providers and
forwarding copies to the Accounting and Student Services for
billing records management. Keep all required reports current and
- Assure that students complete all required forms for enrollment
and the proper procedure is followed for tuition funding.
- Responsible for meeting your customer service goals set by the
Regional Director of Admissions and advisors level.
- To network & participate in internal campus events, facilitate
student life activities, develop professional relationships &
generate personally developed referrals (i.e. open houses,
orientations, workshops, career days, etc.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of leads thru Summit's Lead
Management Systemand or integrated College Management System.
- Responsible for projecting a professional attitude and code of
conduct in representing Summit College.
- Other duties as assignedEducation and/or Work Experience
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a sales position preferably
in the proprietary sector.
- Excellent communication skills with emphasis on phone
presentation and customer service.
- Ability to communicate accurately and positively by telephone,
email and other media to students and internal customers.
- Ability to embrace a proactive and creative approach to problem
- Ability to follow processes, work effectively on a team, and
maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines.
- Ability to overcome objections and obstacles
- Ability to present the College in a positive way to diverse
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service with a wide
variety of individuals who possess varying educational backgrounds
and life experiences.
- Ability to quickly learn how to use a database management
- Ability to represent the College positively through a strong,
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis or as
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to
accept accountability and responsibility for individual
- Basic familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and
database software tools, a working knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and
as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passing score on Office and Grammar test.
- Proven track Record of Customer Service.
- Self-motivated to set and attain goals and to demonstrate the
ability to meet performance standards and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills,
including public speaking skills.
- Presentation of Educational products or services is
- Successful Completion of New Hire Training.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.Summit College is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.Visit Us at www.summitcollege.edu
Keywords: Monster, El Cajon , Admissions Advisor, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!