PACE Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Company: San Ysidro Health Center
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) is
responsible under the supervision of the Occupation Therapist for
implementation of a program of occupational therapy for PACE
patients to help them to remain independent and live safely in the
community. Additionally, the COTA executes occupation therapy
programs tailored to each participant's needs. The COTA encourages
participation in tasks and therapies designed to restore, reinforce
and enhance independence and productivity following illness or
injury. The COTA serves the center's geriatric population
consisting of PACE participants to help them remain independent and
continue live safely in the community.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Under the direction of the Occupational Therapist implements
individualized and group occupational therapy treatments for
patients enrolled in PACE and accessing day services.
- Under the direction of the Occupational Therapist implements
the individualized plan of care to decrease or eliminate
disability, increase or maintain capability for independence, and
develop function to a maximum level. Makes recommendations to
modify treatments as needed.
- Ensure that the individual plan of care is being followed.
- Guide patients and caregivers in the use of adaptive devices
and therapeutic, creative and self-care activities for improving
- Evaluate the effectiveness of treatment and makes
recommendations to modify goals as necessary.
- Record and sign treatments in the patient's health record.
- Ensure services provided are in a therapeutic setting conducive
to restoring dignity and self-esteem to all patients.
- Assists the Occupational Therapist to ensure that required
equipment and supplies for the occupational therapy program are
available or ordered as needed.
- Keeps abreast of all regulations and standards to ensure
compliance with orders or directives issued by duly constituted
government/regulatory agencies (PACE, CMS, DHCS, etc)
- Participate in training programs for staff and caregivers.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and follow established departmental policies and
procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety,
environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhance professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings and workshops.
- Adheres to and models SYHC's core values and behaviors of
Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.
- Adheres to SYHC and PACE attendance and punctuality policies
- Attend meetings as required and participate on committees as
- Able to perform MAX A transfers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Certified as Occupational Therapy Assistant in the State of
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in CA
- Passing scores on national and state examinations.
- CA valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Proof of current vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- At least two years' experience as an COTA, minimum 1 year
experience working with a frail or elderly population
- Demonstrates clinical competency with geriatric population.
Only acts within scope of his/her authority to practice. Meet a
standardized set of competencies for the specific position
description established by San Diego PACE and approved by CMS
before working independently.
- Networked personal computer with various applications. Adaptive
equipment including wheelchairs, orthoses, eating aids, dressing
aids, splints and slings. Equipment and supplies for creative
skills such as leatherwork, weaving, needlework, ceramics,
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for treatment and
rehabilitation of functional impairments. Ingenuity and imagination
in adapting activities to individual needs. Familiarity with the
Older Americans Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Area
Agencies on Aging.
- Patience and strong interpersonal skills. Excellent oral,
written, and computer skills. Bilingual English/Spanish. Ability to
establish and maintain therapeutic relations hips.
- Physical Activities: Prolonged periods of standing involved.
Occasional lifting of heavy objects.
- Working Traits: Commitment to long-term care in a community
setting and promoting maximum patient independence and functional
Working Conditions Physical Requirements:
- May work with machines, too ls, and other devices generating
noise. May face hazards from lifting and moving patients and
equipment. May be required to attend meetings outside regular
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care
organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate,
accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical
services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later,
San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000
patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites
across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients
without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal
employment opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as
employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of
benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers,
position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and
separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion
(including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin,
nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status,
ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family
status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or
HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of
an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a
genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test,
military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- 875 El Cajon Blvd, El Cajon, CA 92020, USA
Keywords: San Ysidro Health Center, El Cajon , PACE Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!