Date: Apr 21, 2021
Location: El Cajon, CA, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
The HR Business Partner will primarily act as a consultant for
company management on all issues related to human resources. The HR
Business Partner should be a proactive communicator and change
agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with
business objectives to create integrated solutions.
- Cultivate a safe work environment that promotes mental and
emotional wellness throughout the organization.
- Anticipate all human resources-related needs and nurture
partnerships through human resources to bridge gaps between
management and employees.
- Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position,
and competition of the business unit(s) under the HR purview.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the human resources department
to develop policies, programs, and workforce solutions.
- Conduct weekly meetings with each client group and consult
regularly with management to provide guidance when
- Drive the recruitment process in partnership with the
COE/hiring managers and ensures consistency and compliance
throughout the process.
- Provide input on workforce succession planning and effectively
communicate career paths and development opportunities.
- Identify training needs and create or procure a professional
development curriculum at all levels within the organization
- Monitor training program(s) effectiveness to ensure that
training objectives are met.
- Analyze data trends and metrics to recommend appropriate
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough
and objective investigations when necessary.
- Find ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and
boost productivity and retention.
- Ensure regulatory compliance pertinent to the day-to-day
management of employees; collaborate with the legal department when
- Participate in and support a variety of employee
engagement/community events and activities.
- Performs all related duties and responsibilities as
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Human
Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- 7+ years of human resources generalist experience, including
experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Master's degree preferred.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego