Senior Staff Accountant (El Cajon)
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Our client is a well-known and heritage CPG brand that has been
around for over 70 years is looking for a dynamic Senior Accountant
to join their team. With distrubution in all major retailers across
the nation they have a rich historty and postive reputation in the
The Senior Staff Accountant supports the operational
effectiveness of the Finance and Accounting department by
reconciling, compiling, reporting and reviewing financial
information needed on a daily, monthly and annual basis. The Senior
Staff Accountant will provide leadership to the team by mentoring
others and proactively improving accounting processes and controls.
In addition, this person will support other functional areas of
Finance and Accounting as needed.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, research, and resolve
reconciling items promptly, and ensure that adequate supporting
documentation is maintained.
- Perform monthly close functions, including accruals and
preparation, posting and review of journal entries.
- Ensure all month-end journal entries are recorded following the
monthly close schedule.
- Coordinate and collaborate with A/R, A/P and HR as needed as
well as key external departments, such as Marketing, Sales and
- Responsible for monthly payroll accruals and reconciliation of
- Perform analysis of changes in the individual balance sheet and
income statement accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual
basis to include fluctuation analyses.
- Prepare supporting schedules to facilitate preparation of
monthly financial reports, audit schedules and collection of data
and collaborate with external auditors to ensure timely and
competent responses to audit requests.
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Financial Report and
supporting footnote schedules.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration,
CPA preferred. with 5-7 years of progressive experience in
accounting or finance
- Public accounting firm audit experience is a big plus+
- Sophisticated knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP) and
internal controls (SOX)
- Experience with ERP system
For immediate consideration please email resume to
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, El Cajon , Senior Staff Accountant (El Cajon), Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!