Project Control Analyst - Scheduler
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 2, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Control
Analyst to work within our Program Planning & Control group in
Poway, Ca. Under general supervision, this position plans, tracks,
analyzes, and reports in accordance with procedures for projects of
varying contract type, size, and complexity. This position will
work within a team environment consisting of program management,
technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Plans, tracks, analyzes, and reports schedule and financial
status for projects of varying contract type, size, and
- Works in a team environment with technical, financial, and
management staff with the objective to track and control contract
activity and deliverables.
- Interacts with management staff to establish and maintain a
cost and schedule baseline, analyze the performance on the contract
on a recurring basis, and work with the program staff to generate
Estimates At Completion.
- May assist in the development of Work Breakdown Structures
(WBS) and related dictionaries.
- Contributes in the development and implementation of Earned
Value or equivalent cost tracking methodologies, performs related
variance analysis, and works with program/project managers and
technical personnel to ensure uniform application of
- Develops and implements reporting procedures to review project
status and valuation of work in progress, as well as tracking
procedures for contract deliverables.
- May participate in new business proposals as required to
develop schedule, manpower, and cost estimates.
- Develops and maintains master program schedules for assigned
contracts and internal development efforts.
- Utilizes the information from Microsoft Project and other
sources to generate budgets and track performance against those
- Performs monitoring, analysis and reporting on assigned
projects the status of procurement's for the purposes of cost
reporting. Interfaces with operating and support groups
(Purchasing, Finance, QA) to collect data for preparation of
schedules and reports.
- Provides task leaders and program managers with clear, timely
and accurate information recommendations with which to make
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to
the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or
a related discipline, along with six or more years of related
experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of
- US Citizenship required.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, preferably including
creating and maintaining resource loaded schedules desired.
- Previous scheduling experience helpful.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to multitask are
significant advantages in position.
- An effective communicator with the ability to write, interpret
and explain programmatic issues.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Knowledge of earned value methodologies(EVMS) preferred.
- Experience interfacing with MPM is a plus.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, El Cajon , Project Control Analyst - Scheduler, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!