Customer Support Representative - El Cajon, CA
Company: GKN Aerospace Services
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 6, 2021
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 51 manufacturing locations in 14
countries, we serve over 90% of the world"s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost
anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
Under minimal supervision, the Customer Service Representative
handles customer requests for information on request for quotes,
provides assistance to internal/external customers regarding
past/planned shipments, pricing, schedules, and invoicing problems
and provides a variety of clerical and administrative support.
- Responds to customer requests for status details on
- Responsible for documentation of customer account information
on assigned customers.
- Provides details to others within the Customer Support
organization for Requests for Quote, technical and engineering
details on repair scopes and special needs for a timely response to
- Assists Marketing reps on customer concerns, order status and
key customer contacts.
- Requires the need to understand and make maximum use of
computer programs for order entry, reports, inquiries, and various
directories that provide customer account details for answering
- Documents customer account details regarding P.O. requirements,
shipments, packaging, pricing approvals, certifications, and
- Provides administrative support including data entry, answering
telephones, referring calls/messages, sending emails/faxes, and
distributing customer details to other business unit
- Provides administration of all government contracts by issuing
required reports, requests for GBL, update of inventory logs as may
be required by contract clauses.
- Works in concert with quality and engineering to assure that
documentation/certifications are in compliance with government
- Administers assigned customer accounts including fostering good
customer relationships, being responsive to customer requests, and
balancing customer needs with the company's available
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a business
culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives
and goals, to include issues that involve "cost, quality, process,
schedule and people".
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years' experience in manufacturing or related fields and/or
customer service environment required.
- Intermediate level computer skills with Microsoft and Microsoft
Applications and tools required.
- Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations
and/or program requirements.
- GKN experience.
- Excellent oral and written skills to include good spelling and
- Second language preferred and may be a requirement.
- Some knowledge of shop manufacturing processes preferred.
- Ability to represent the Company in a highly professional
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be well-organized, be able to multi-task and have a high
level of attention to detail. Must be able to work under pressure
when dictated by customer needs.
- Must be customer service driven, able to understand and support
the business goals and objectives.
- Must handle company private, sensitive and personal information
in a professional and confidential manner.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Services, El Cajon , Customer Support Representative - El Cajon, CA, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!