Position Summary: This is a full-time position.
The Registered Dietitian (RD) is a Member of the
Interdisciplinary Team of the San Diego PACE Program and is
responsible for the design and implementation of the PACE nutrition
care and education program to San PACE participants. The RD is
responsible for evaluating the participant's nutritional status,
develop and implement nutritional care plans, assess nutrient
requirements, recommend nutritional prescriptions, evaluate
participant tolerance and effectives of nutritional care, and
communicate nutritional data and information to the physicians and
other health professionals. The RD will also provide dietary
counseling and education to patients and caregivers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Perform assessments and reassessments as indicated by nutrition
standards to determine the nutritional status of patients and
develop plans accordingly.
- Function as a member of the Inter Disciplinary Team (IDT),
attends all meetings and works collaboratively with other team
members implementing participant education.
- Assure that food provided to patients is safe, appetizing and
provides for nutritional needs according to the Nutrition Board of
the National Research Council, National Academy of Science, and the
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Provide dietary counseling and education to patients and
caregivers as part of the nutrition service of the Center and as
ordered by physician and according to Academy of Nutrition and
- Ensure therapeutic diets are served as ordered and prepared
according to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics standards.
- Document all relevant aspects of nutritional care for patients
in accordance with Center standards and documents participant
changes appropriately in the medical record and communicates with
participant changes to team members
- Ensure sufficient staff is employed, oriented, trained and
their working hours scheduled to provide for the nutritional needs
of the patients and to maintain the service areas. If nutritional
employees are assigned duties in other areas, ensure those duties
do not interfere with the sanitation, safety or time required for
- Assign food service personnel, evaluate work performance and
make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Provide appropriate food handling training (Safe Serve) for the
- Monitor nutrition services and delivery by the professional and
- Provide individual and group nutrition education and
documentation of the activity.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and follow established departmental policies and
procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety,
environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhance professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings and workshops.
- Adheres to and models SY Health's core values and behaviors of
Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.
- Adheres to SY Health and PACE attendance and punctuality
policies and practices.
- Attend meetings as required and participate on committees as
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Reports to Registered Dietitian Supervisor
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree from an Academy of
Nutrition and Dietetics accredited institution with a major in
Dietetics or Nutrition and completion of nutrition in a dietetic
internship or practical experience as a student dietitian.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Nutrition.
- Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Registered Dietitian Eligible (RDE) must obtain Registration
with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in 6 months.
- CA valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Proof of current vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- CDE status preferred but not required
- Must be CDE eligible in 24 months
Experience Required: Completion of a dietetic internship or
practical experience as a student dietitian. Knowledge of long-term
care nutritional needs.
Preferred: 1-2 years of experience working as a Registered
Supervisory Experience: May supervise food service, support
staff and program aids.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job: Excellent
oral and written communication skills. Arabic, Aramaic, Farsi,
Equipment Used: Computer, Fax and telephone.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
Skill in developing nutrition plans that stimulate compromised
patients to eat. Familiarity with the Older Americans Act,
Americans with Disabilities Act, and Area Agencies on Aging. Good
oral and written communication. Computer literate. Ability to
establish and maintain therapeutic relationships and to participate
in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Physical clearance
for reaching, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling and grasping;
have full range of motion; ability to lift 50 lbs.; need to lift
and transfer participants; T.B. clearance; must maintain current
First Aid and CPR.
Working Traits Commitment to long-term care in a community
setting and promoting maximum patient independence and functional
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care
organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate,
accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical
services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later,
San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000
patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites
across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients
without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal
employment opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as
employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of
benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers,
position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and
separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion
(including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin,
nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status,
ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family
status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or
HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of
an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a
genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test,
military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- 875 El Cajon Blvd, El Cajon, CA 92020, USA