Finish Department Supervisor (Night Shift)
Company: Taylor-Listug, Inc
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Are you looking for a leadership
opportunity at an industry-leading company? When you arrive to work
every day, do you look forward to imparting your knowledge and
experience to a team of dedicated and invested employees? Does your
experience revolve around stringed instruments, woodworking and/or
finishing? We are seeking Production department Supervisor who can
lead, support and supervise our Night Shift Finish department. In
this role you will be responsible for the supervision of the Finish
department, and ensuring that each “craftsman” feels like part of
the team. A few of your main job functions will include; clearly
communicating with your Department Manager, handling Production
related issues, assisting in employee training and development,
demonstrating and maintaining a sense of team work, scheduling
work, writing and conducting performance evaluations, and answering
any questions employees may have. If this opportunity strikes a
chord then step forward and apply today because music is
The night shift is 3:30pm-12:00am,
Monday thru Friday.
Department Supervisor Success Factors:
Within the first 30 days:
• Become familiar with Taylor Guitars manufacturing processes and
• Develop good working relationships with other production
supervisors and team.
• Establish a working relationship with your team on both shifts in
• Become familiar with our guitar models and series.
• Supervises department in daily activities.
• Directly supervises employees in department. Handles and resolves
• Oversees the assignment and /or assigns daily workload to
• Ensures the sustainment of First-In-First-Out (FIFO) and
prioritizes Work-in-Progress (WIP).
• Participates in new product or LTD releases and communicates
information to their teams.
• Identifies and addresses potential issues with materials and/or
shortages in their areas.
• Promotes and participates in continuous improvement projects.
• Reviews department employees’ performance and makes
recommendations to the Department Manager regarding pay increases,
reprimands, terminations or other personnel matters.
• Helps cover any work that needs completion due to malfunction or
• Inspects finished departmental products.
• Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of equipment in the
• Supervises new employees in the methods and responsibilities of
their department and conducts changes in earlier methods as
• Ensures Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are in working
• Communicates with team during regularly scheduled department
• Maintains cleanliness, organization and workflow of the
• Maintains employee timesheets via UltiPro including PTO requests
and employee punches.
• Customer Focus - Knows who internal customers are. Identifies
opportunities that benefit the customer (internal and external).
Establishes and maintains effective relationships. Delivers
products that meet customer expectations. Builds strong customer
(internal & external) relationships.
• Results Oriented - Works as a productive and cooperative member
of a cohesive group. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite
obstacles and setbacks. Pushes self and helps others achieve
results. Solution vs. problem oriented. Demonstrates ability to
adjust when obstacles arise.
• Communicates Effectively - Communicates proactively with purpose
and professionally, in a concise and straightforward manner.
Attentively listens to others. Communicates to those involved,
especially if agreements cannot be kept. Delivers communication
that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different
audiences. Provides timely and helpful information.
• Accountability - Takes personal responsibility for decisions,
behaviors, actions and failures, and commits to necessary
corrective action. Able to admit limitations of knowledge, yet
demonstrate a willingness to do what is needed to improve.
Proactively seeks feedback without being defensive. Does what is
right because it is the right thing to do. Leaves personal
circumstances outside of work in order to remain engaged in the
task at hand. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity.
Holds self and others accountable. Follows through on commitments
and ensures others do the same. Instills trust of others through
honesty and integrity.
• Drives Engagement - Creates a climate where people are motivated
to do their best to help the department achieve its goals and
objectives. Fosters collaboration.
• Technical Aptitude - Skill of planning and prioritizing work
activities. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
• Reliability - Demonstrates reliable and predictable attendance
Experience: High School Graduate or General
Education Degree (GED). Three to five years of directly related
experience pertaining to Finish department functions.
aptitude and Experience: Ability to mix chemicals
correctly, mix ratios, etc.
Knowledge of polyurethanes, polyesters, and conversions varnishes
Skill of proficiency with spray equipment, sanders, buffers and
detailing equipment, spray equipment i.e. spray guns, pressure
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer
literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
Keywords: Taylor-Listug, Inc, El Cajon , Finish Department Supervisor (Night Shift), Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!