PACE Personal Care Aide (El Cajon)
Company: San Ysidro Health Center
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Under the supervision of the PACE RN Supervisor and the day
center nursing team, the Personal Care Aide provides support to the
CNA team in the delivery of personal care to participants and to
participants in need of companionship services to and from medical
appointments. Services include participant care activities such as
showering, toileting, serving, feeding and other Activities of
Daily Living. Position will assist with home delivery of meals and
medical supplies. Position may also assist in other areas such as
kitchen, primary care and therapy.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provides direct personal care to participants as directed or
assigned. Duties will include showering, toileting, laundry and
feeding assistance and companionship services to and from medical
appointments. May include ambulation and transferring
- Assists other staff in carrying out program assignments.
- Provides support and assistance with meal and snack
- Will provide assistance in the kitchen as needed/assigned.
- Will provide assistance in therapy as needed/assigned.
- Assists in maintaining patient areas in a clean and orderly
manner. Cleans and organizes program areas including cleaning of
equipment and shower areas.
- Assists with home delivery of meals and medical supplies.
- Follows infectious disease precautions to prevent the spread of
- Attends center staff meetings and in-service educational
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with participants and co-workers.
- Works effectively in a team setting.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings as needed.
- Adheres to SYHC and PACE attendance and punctuality policies
- Follows established PACE and ADHC departmental and position
specific policies and procedures and updates as needed.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as
- Maintains health and safety standards at all times, and takes
an active role in the Safety and Injury in the Workplace Program;
maintains all records and documentation as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Must possess the skills necessary to provide care for geriatric
patients and must be able to function well in a team environment.
Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet
a standardized set of competencies for the specific position
description established by San Diego PACE and approved by CMS
before working independently.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience as a personal care aide, in a
professional or personal care setting. Prefer one year experience
with the frail or elderly population
- Flexibility, initiative, creativity and excellent
organizational and time management skills.
- Must complete San Diego PACE approved curriculum for personal
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care
organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate,
accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical
services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later,
San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000
patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites
across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients
without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal
employment opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as
employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of
benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers,
position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and
separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion
(including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin,
nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status,
ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family
status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or
HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of
an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a
genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test,
military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- 875 El Cajon Blvd, El Cajon, CA 92020, USA
Keywords: San Ysidro Health Center, El Cajon , PACE Personal Care Aide (El Cajon), Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!