PACE Certified Nursing Assistant (El Cajon)
Company: San Ysidro Health Center
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Provides direct patient care services to the participant's under
the direction and supervision of a nursing staff member, as
assigned by the Program Director.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists other staff in carrying out program assignments.
- Performs and records routine technical tasks such as vital
signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory rate),
collection of specimens, intake and output and mass.
- Works in conjunction with other staff in relation to
participant care, as assigned by the nursing staff.
- Assist with admission, transfer, and/or discharge of patients,
by transporting, lifting and positioning patients while following
necessary safety precautions.
- Reinforces selected patient teaching initiated by Registered
- Assist in maintaining patient and unit area in a clean and
- Considers the special needs and behaviors of specific patient
- Is responsible for order and cleanliness of the program areas
- Carry out assigned task as deemed necessary by the Activity
- Performs home visits and assists with ADLs, transfers,
- Assists as companion to medical appointments, pharmacy,
- Provides personal care, such a toileting, bathing, eating,
transferring, dressing or grooming under the supervision of the
nurse and the Activity Director.
- Assist the Activities Director in carrying out the activity
- Assist other center staff in meal and snack serving. Performs
meals counts as assigned by Day Center Manager.
- Cleans-up and organizes program areas, including the cleaning
- Interact with patients and family
- Transport patients and equipment as needed.
- Keeps a record of care given.
- Monitors patients and report any variances to normal to the
nurse for further assessment.
- Follows infectious disease precautions to prevent the spread of
- Attends and actively participates in the in-take and assessment
process as needed.
- Attends center staff meetings and in-service educational
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Nurse's Assistant California State Certification.
- Current CPR Certification/Card
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
- An interest and desire to work with the target population
served by the center.
- Required -At least one year experience working with the frail
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Physical clearance for reaching, bending, stooping, crouching,
kneeling and grasping; have full range of motion; ability to lift
50 lbs; need to lift and transfer participants; T.B. clearance;
must maintain current First Aid and CPR; fingerprint clearance.
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care
organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate,
accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical
services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later,
San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000
patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites
across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients
without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal
employment opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as
employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of
benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers,
position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and
separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion
(including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin,
nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status,
ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family
status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or
HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of
an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a
genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test,
military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- 875 El Cajon Blvd, El Cajon, CA 92020, USA
Keywords: San Ysidro Health Center, El Cajon , PACE Certified Nursing Assistant (El Cajon), Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!