Date: May 13, 2021
Location: El Cajon, CA, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
The IPT Financial Controller is the senior finance lead for the
Integrated Program Team (IPT). They are a key business partner to
the Program Director and Key Customer Finance Director. In addition
to management of the business plan, the FC and team provide
financial insights that drive decisions, financial forecasts, and
business plans. The role has primary day-to-day responsibility for
planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial
related activities for the program and its respective contracts.
They drive financial performance through high quality decision
support and FP&A, including overall P&L, sales and margin
management, and close control over working capital.
The GE Military Programs cover F110, F404, F414, TF34 & CF34
engines. The IPT FC will primarily have interaction with five site,
Newington CT, Manchester CT, North Charlestown NH, Muncie IN and El
- Delivering program level results by building a successful
network, driving its performance and leveraging best practice
- Delivering program results by contributing financial and
accounting insight, analysis, and recommendations;
- Implementing strategies by evaluating trends; implementing
critical measurements; designing systems; accumulating resources;
resolving problems; implementing change.
- Developing the organization by identifying opportunities for
improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement.
- Developing financial strategies by forecasting cash
(particularly working capital) and resource requirements;
identifying monetary resources; developing and implementing action
- Monitoring financial performance by measuring and analyzing
results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of
- Making financial judgments for the program and ensuring that
these are correct, complete, transparent and reflected accurately
in the local books and records by the relevant site teams
- Reporting financial status by developing forecasts; reporting
results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Implementing and managing metrics and measurements to
successfully manage, control and profitably grow the business
- Identifying, assessing and communicating risks and exposures
and developing measures to effectively mitigate these on a timely
- Bachelor's degree in, finance, commercial or accounting.
- 3 years of experience in accounting or finance in a
- Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations
and/or program requirements.
- GKN experience.
- Experience from Aerospace industry.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and collaborative team
that is responsive and results-oriented.
- Demonstrated track record of success as a senior finance
- Excels in managing finance, budgeting, control, pricing,
commercial analytics and reporting.
- Proven track record of team building or people
- Strong analytical skills.
- Forward-thinking and takes a global view regarding the
- Connects and builds strong relationships with others,
demonstrates emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate
clearly, collaboratively and persuasively.
- Clear understanding of relevant technical accounting
- Good understanding of the Aerospace industry.
- Be able to discuss and write reports in English.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego