Date: May 14, 2021
Location: El Cajon, CA, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
Support Operational and development Programs to enable and
deliver zero defect projects utilizing engineering and problem
solving skills. Contribute to delivering robust, capable
manufacturing process technology as it applies to materials,
tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
- Support the development of NC Programming solutions to complex
- The implementation of NC Programs, from original concept
through to production. Develop NC Programming solutions for high
degree of process capability utilizing the GKN standard Zero Defect
Manufacturing (ZDM) tool suite to demonstrate as such.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance
with the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Support the development of technical solutions to problems
within GKN Aerospace
- Provide technical input of manufacturing process development
and integration for production.
- Support root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action
to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Participate in positive, team relationships with internal
- Continuously improve production processes by supporting Lean
- 5+ years of experience in numerical control parts programming
for multi axis machining centers andor turning centers.
- 3+ years of experience utilizing Siemens NX and Vericut.
- 3+ years of experience reading and interpreting blueprint,
drawing and ANSI Y14.5 specifications
- GKN Experience
- Good communication skills and understanding of why they are
- Ability to apply basic knowledge and skills to own work
- Identifies opportunities to improve performance
- Understands situations by analyzing them logically
- Able to apply basic knowledge and skills to own work and only
limited by experience
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego