GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
The Site Lean Deployment Leader is a Lean Thinker with a very
high level of expertise in Business Transformation. They will play
a central role in developing the site into a Lean enterprise based
upon GKN Aerospace's Lean Operating Model. They will lead, coach
and influence their site's Leadership Team, ensuring rigour and
fidelity to the Lean Deployment roadmap.
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace
"Great Place to Work" value drivers and Culture Principles.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN
Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards
are applied across GKN and that all locations are a model of a
world class healthy and safe working environment.
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean
Operating Model (LOM) across within their Performance Centre.
- Creating and executing against the Site Lean Deployment plan
and ensuring that all resources required are in place, both within
their site and from the CoE (e.g. Regional Lean Experts assigned as
- Coaching their performance center's Leadership team in their
deployment of the Lean Excellence Model Role Profile
- Ensuring the correct allocation of resources to make the Lean
deployment a success, and making problems immediately visible,
allowing problem solving to take place.
- Delivering significant improvement in People, Safety, Quality,
Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets, meeting their site's
customer and stakeholder commitments, driven by significant
improvements in Lean Maturity.
- Developing deep Lean Expertise across their site, ensuring that
they become self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model,
working with the Regional Lean Expert to ensure that all staff are
fully certified in Lean Thinking at the appropriate level for their
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and
ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual
responsibilities and accountabilities: the company's Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies; Compliance
and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government
in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect
contracting with the United States Government; Export Control
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years of lean operations experience in a manufacturing
- Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations
and/or program requirements.
- GKN Experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- An understanding of Lean Thinking and Lean Leadership
- The demonstrated ability to influence the site Leadership Team
Ability to lead, coach and mentor highly skilled and experienced
- A track record of Leadership and direction through effective
communications, building effective teams
- Evidence of leading Business Transformation Offices
- Previous and significant experience in Lean Transformation
- A Lean Certification from a reputable certifying body or
- Aerospace supply chain experience
- A passion for the Aerospace industry
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.