The Assistant Cook helps manage the kitchen with the Head Cook,
prepares meals as outlined by the menu and checks portion control;
cooks, bakes, and serves a variety of foods including entrees,
baked goods, salads, vegetables and meats; assists in distribution
of meals to satellites, sets up food counters with prepared foods;
stores food and does necessary cleanup; responsible for ordering,
checking deliveries, and inventory of food and supplies.
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they
relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free
- Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne
pathogen protocols and Mountain Health's injury and illness
- Injury Prevention Equipment and/or Personal Protective
Equipment may include but not limited to the following:
Clinical - Gloves, Goggles, Gowns, Face Shields, and N95
Respirator Masks IT - Gloves, Goggles, Face Shields, and N95
Respirator Masks Facilities- Gloves, Goggles, Gowns or Protective
Suits, Face Shields, and N95 Respirator Masks Administration -
Gloves, Goggles, Face Shields, and N95 Respirator Masks
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- One year of cooking experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, analytic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create reports and present data and to staff, peers,
network providers and committees as delegated
- Detail and process oriented with focus on efficiency
- Pro-actively and consistently applies the regulatory and
accreditation standards to assure that activities are reviewed and
processed within guidelines.
- Reports audit or clinical findings to appropriate staff or
others in order to ensure appropriate outcome and/or follow-up for
improvement as indicated.
- Business level math, basic statistical analysis
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a
fast paced changing environment
- Ability to work flex hours, including an occasional evening and
- Microsoft Office skills to include Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, Project and SharePoint
- Familiar with data entry systems (e.g., electronic medical
records/electronic health records)
- Ability to learn new information systems and software
Physical and Mental Requirements:
See, hear, talk, walk, stand for long periods of time, reach,
bend, stoop, lift up to 25 lbs. Repetitive hand movement; use and
view PC; use calculator; telephone, operate fax, and copy machine.
Read and write; time management, interpersonal, organizational, and
basic math skills; analyze, research, prioritize, meet deadlines,
maintain confidentiality. Have reliable transportation; clean
driving record and insurance as required by the state. Frequent
exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances,
medicinal preparations, radiation and other conditions common to a
clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating
in quality improvement activities.
- Responds promptly and with caring actions to patients and
employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs
and honor these beliefs.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of
staff, clients and the public.
- Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department
goals and objectives.
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care
organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate,
accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical
services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later,
San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000
patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites
across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients
without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal
employment opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as
employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of
benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers,
position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and
separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion
(including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin,
nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status,
ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family
status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or
HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of
an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a
genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test,
military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- 976 Sheridan Rd., 976 Sheridan Rd., Campo, California, United
States of America