GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
Under close supervision responsibilities may include assembly,
forming, finishing, material removal, inspection, rework and repair
of assembly components and parts, per customer specification,
maintenance of machine tools, hydraulic systems, CNC equipment,
vacuum and electrical systems on equipment throughout the company.
Includes, but not limited to, operation of machines, hand and power
tools, gages and measuring instruments, fabrication of temporary
tooling, tooling maintenance and first level maintenance.
- Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material
determines method to remove material to meet customer
specification. Removal of material by tank by media.
- Prepares parts for the tank by painting and patching and
removing all required maskant for etch. Uses exacto knife and scale
to hand layer out patterns.
- Drilling, assembling rivets and brackets on segments and rings,
trimming and paint touch up.
- Deburrs and forms parts using expanders, hot dye presses and
- Masks parts as required by applying tape to holes, masking
first cut parts and strip boards.
- Strips flanges with knife, loads parts using crane and runs
- Maintains records associated with periodic maintenance and
orders spare/replacement parts as required.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage
and cleaning duties in full compliance with company standards,
customer and government regulations.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business
culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives
and goals, to include issues that involve "cost, quality, process,
schedule and people".
- Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace
and to protect the environment through the establishment and
support of Company policy and adherence to various government
- Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement
on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of
responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the
United States Government.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as
- High school diploma or GED or 3 years experience of
- 1 year of manufacturing
- Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and diagrams.
- Must have the ability to be certified to operate forklift.
- U.S. Persons per ITAR regulations to comply with export
compliance and site SSA requirements.
- GKN Experience
- Experience working with hazardous materials and/or
- The ability to work as a team player as well as independently
- Knowledge and experience in trouble shotting or safety, quality
adn technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering
- Must be willing to work in repetitive production environment
with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Basic Math skills
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Withstand loud noice of a machine shope environment.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.