Warehouse Attendant- General Warehouse
Company: Sycuan Gaming Center
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The ancestors of the Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation existed
many centuries ago as a community of peoplea Tribe living together,
farming, hunting and fishing to survive.
Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs
its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and
owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan's sense
of community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a
community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether
you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or
become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will
be part of the Sycuan family.
Ships, receives, stocks, and distributes merchandise
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or
changed at the sole discretion of Sycuan Management at any
- Receives casino merchandise by counting, verifying and signing
appropriate delivery forms, organizing merchandise, locating
packing list, verifying contents in boxes, comparing withreceiving
worksheet, preparing merchandise for department deliveries and
communicating with buyers.
- Deliversmerchandise by pulling, staging, and delivering inhouse
stock and direct purchases to appropriate departments.
- Ensures accurate records by entering receiving information into
database and updating in-house requisitions.
- Provides requestedproduct and supplies by receiving inhouse
orders, entering them into the computer database, preparing items
for delivery, and delivering items to the proper locations.
- Assists with replenishment of supplies by stocking and rotating
goods received to their proper location according to established
- Maintains safe and sanitary food handling and storage by
ensuring refrigerator and freezer temperatures are within
established guidelines, rotating food items as needed, and handling
and storing food product according to established procedures
- Ensures a clean and orderly work area by sweeping and mopping
floors, scrubbing flatbed carts, and disposing of empty cartons,
boxes, and trash.
- Assists in physical inventory & conducts cycle counts by
counting stock, reviewing variances, and conducting re-counts if
- Prepares merchandise for shipping by completing return
merchandise form, and packing, addressing, insuring, and shipping
merchandise according to established procedures.
- Ensures the integrity of high-end and regulated merchandise by
receiving and identifying high-end and regulated deliveries, and
contacting and collaborating with the Security, Gaming Commission
and appropriate Department personnel for distribution and delivery
of merchandise following established procedures.
Job Specifications: Education and Experience: Essential:
- 6 months of shipping, receiving, and stocking experience
- Current Food Handler card
- CA Drivers License in good standing Desirable:
- High School Diploma, High School Certificate of Completion, or
- Casino warehouse experience
- Food warehouse experience
- Hotel warehouse experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of purchasing and inventory software
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet
- Working knowledge of electronic mail
- Excellent record-keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to compose documents in Microsoft Word
- Ability to read and interpret merchandise destination on
- Ability to recognize and determine if merchandise matches
- Ability to operate electric pallet jack and forklift
- Ability to operate golf carts
- Ability to interact effectively with team members and
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to read and complete forms and documents
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, and push for extended periods of
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Ability to appear for work on time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of Stratton Warren software or Inventory Purchasing
- Supervisory / Managerial Accountability:
If you enjoy being part of a community dedicated to creating a
memorable guest experience, we invite you to explore career
opportunities with Sycuan and join our winning team!
- Casino, 5485 Casino Way, El Cajon, California, United States of
Keywords: Sycuan Gaming Center, El Cajon , Warehouse Attendant- General Warehouse, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!