Senior Tax Accountant
Company: Aya Corporate
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Join Aya Healthcare, winner of multiple Top Workplace
Under the direction of the Tax Director, the Senior Tax
Accountant will be responsible in assisting with all aspects of
income tax compliance, including federal and state, tax planning
activities and complete other projects as directed. This person
will also be responsible for the company’s indirect tax compliance,
processes, and accounting (Sales & Use, GRT, Excise). In executing
the responsibilities required by this position the Senior Tax
Accountant interacts with a variety of accounting and finance
personnel throughout the company.
Who we are:
We’re a $4 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider
in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that
help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent
labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for
national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor
management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we’re obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for
our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee
satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for
incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees
are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an
entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and
value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace
diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to
high achievement. When you join Aya, you’ll be surrounded by
teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will
help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Management and coordination of tax filing due dates in Tax
- Reviewing outside consultants’ workpapers and income tax
- Preparation, reviewing, and filing indirect (Sales & Use, GRT,
Excise) and personal property tax returns across all
- Prepare year-end tax provision and related footnote
- Analysis of general ledger accounts for tax transactions.
- Respond to tax notices from taxing authorities
- Analysis of implications of changes in federal and state tax
- Assists with developing and evaluating planning
- May represent the company as the primary tax specialist on
- Provides direction to cross-functional finance
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is
- Be inquisitive in nature and motivated to learn and
- Possess integrity, be trustworthy, dependable, and a team
player with a cooperative attitude
- Maintains a positive work attitude in a fast-paced
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 + years of relevant experience
- Public Accounting experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Experience in S corporate and partnership income tax return
preparation in a multi-state environment
- CPA certified or CPA candidacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, team player with strong attention to details
and ability to work independently
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical and
sound judgment skills
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Diligent work ethic and dedicated to providing superior
internal client service
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance.
- Generous 401(k) match.
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves.
Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building
activities are always on the horizon — plus, you get a special
treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited PTO — we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered
Aya Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and welcomes all to
apply. Please click here for
our EEO policy.
Keywords: Aya Corporate, El Cajon , Senior Tax Accountant, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!