Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Subcontract Administrator to
work within our Subcontracts team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, interprets, and recommends contractual terms and
conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and
standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure that
subcontract activities achieve desired objectives and
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, analyzes
and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects
or recommends subcontractors, writes awards and administers
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or
modifications to subcontracts.
- May represent the organization as an administrative contact on
assigned subcontracts; interacts with program management,
customers, and vendor personnel; responds to a variety of complex
inquiries, some of which require innovative solutions; and
participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management
and customer representatives.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic
and hard copy records.
- May provide direction and training to less experienced staff on
subcontract matters and may make presentations as required.
- Develops subcontract specifications, statements of work, and
terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials,
equipment, and services.
- Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals,
negotiates subcontract provisions, and administers resulting
- Completes detailed RFP/RFQ's for time and material, labor-hour,
cost reimbursable and fixed price work efforts.
- Negotiates, administers and closes-out subcontracts.
- Performs cost and price analysis on subcontractor's
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions or
modifications to subcontracts.
- Analyzes and evaluates potential problems with subcontractor
commitments, assesses the impact of subcontractor delays, assists
in developing recovery plans and recommends solutions.
- Maintains as awareness of regulatory changes and their impact
on contracts/subcontracts, including-export considerations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations to include the
FAR and DFAR and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever
business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Working familiarity with FAR Parts 6,12,15,16 and 30.
- Should be able to describe methods for contract formation (Cost
Reimbursable, Fixed Price and Time and Materials
- Understanding of the relationship between fees awarded to
Suppliers and related risks [Weighted Guidelines].
- Foundation with I.T.A.R. [International Traffic & Arms
Regulations] involving foreign procurement's.
- Understanding of Subcontract Administrator roles as it pertains
to price and cost analysis, supplier fact-finds, labor and
materials pricing analysis.
- Provide a detailed description as to how a Purchase
Order/Subcontract file is assembled and what the essential elements
- Understanding of how to negotiate and document completed
- Must have the initiative to problem solve and bring issues to
- Must have the ability to work extended hours as required.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, El Cajon , Subcontract Administrator, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!