Quality Inspector III
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: May 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, a successful Quality
Inspector III can identify, prioritize, and complete inspection
activities utilizing visual and GD&T methods to verify and
validate conformance to internal quality and customer standards in
support of production and engineering priorities. This position
supports Veridiam's Oceanisde, CA facility. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Inspects machined parts, components, assemblies, and materials
to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines
(Military Standards, ASTM, ANSI, and ASME Codes, etc.) and
ascertains product conformity, condition, or serviceability
- Performs with a high degree of accuracy and attention to
- Documents inspection results and provides various electronic
and hard copy test and inspection reports to appropriate parties,
including process, manufacturing, and quality engineers for product
- May be required to interact with regulatory agencies and
customers, including their auditors or inspectors during audit
activities and provide responses to their inquiries related to
inspection and calibration activities
- Schedules and routes instruments and other equipment or tools
requiring calibration to calibration laboratory or vendor to ensure
proper performance, accuracy, and reliability.
- May prepare, update, or maintain a calibration database
- Monitors and verifies quality by means of statistical process
or other control procedure and compiles related quality matrix
- Coordinates the procurement of equipment, consumable materials,
and services as necessary to maintain uninterrupted inspection
- Responsible for maintaining communication with managers,
engineers, production control personnel, department supervisors,
and NDT group leadership to effectively support production
objectives and proactively address concerns or limitations.
- Other responsibilities as required. Education and/or
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate 3+ years of
quality inspection experience in visual and dimensional methods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Visual and GD&T experience. CMM experience with PC-DMIS
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel DCC
(direct computer control) experience.
- Statistical process controls experience is a plus.
- Ability to detect design and drawing flaws.
- Must be able to read and understand and interpret engineering
drawings and specification and perform mathematical
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time, is organized and
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems (Jobscope a plus).
- Disciplined in Lean Manufacturing and 5S.
- Must possess strong computer skill for effective communication
and record keeping. Veridiam, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer and takes pride in a diverse
environment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veridiam will
recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, marital status, gender identity, disability, medical
condition or handicap or protected veteran status or any other
legally protected status. Veridiam is a Drug Free environment and
Affirmation Action Employer.
Keywords: Veridiam, El Cajon , Quality Inspector III, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!