Company: Home of Guiding Hands
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 24, 2022
About Home of Guiding HandsHGH was established in 1967 and is
based in El Cajon, CA. We serve over 3,500 individuals diagnosed
with intellectual disabilities such as Down syndrome, autism or
cerebral palsy. HGH owns and operates 31- specialized group homes
in East County and a 25,000 square foot resource center. With a
workforce of over 750 employees, we were voted Top Places to Work
in 2019 by the San Diego Union Tribune. We offer competitive
salaries, nine/nine schedules, and generous benefits. Please email
Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Primary Purpose: The Executive
Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the
CEO/President and other Executive Team members. Reporting directly
to the CEO/President, the Executive Assistant provides executive
administrative support in a one-on-one working relationship. The
Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of
directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates
executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees
special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and
enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal individual
will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of
situations, articulate with strong written and verbal
communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the
ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Supports the Mission, Values (ICARE), and Vision of the Agency.
- Is knowledgeable of consumer rights and ensures an atmosphere
that allows for the privacy, dignity, and well-being of all
consumers in a safe, secure environment.
- Manages sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality
and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the global
operations of the company.
- Prepares Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentations, agendas,
reports, special projects, and other documents in support of
objectives for the organization.
- Functions well in a high-paced environment; performs additional
duties as assigned by executives.
- Represents the company and the executives in a positive light
through great follow-through skills and the use of sound
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a
hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters,
personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the
CEO/President's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set
in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including
advance distribution of materials before meetings in
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously,
proactively, and follows through on projects through successful
completion, often under deadline pressures. ESSENTIAL JOB
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for a variety of duties that include
but are not limited to:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that
facilitate the CEO/President's ability to effectively lead the
organization, including assisting with special projects; designing
and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations;
collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and
outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence;
maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and
completing expense and mileage reports.
- Edits and completes first drafts of written communications to
- Under the direction of the VP of Development and Marketing,
assists with the management of Donor Perfect.
- Assists with managing communication of the CEO/President,
including coordinating calendars, emails, phone calls, and
in-person meetings as needed, maintaining confidentiality as
- Coordinates and attends organizational events and provides
- Maintains a high-level understanding of the interdepartmental
processes to assist with facilitating appropriate
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on issues and concerns,
as assigned by the CEO/President, assisting in the determination of
the appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
Education: A.A. degree or certificate in a related field, such as
but not limited to business administration/management or
communications is required. Bachelor's degree in a related field as
noted above is preferred. Additional experience may be substituted
for education. Experience:
- At least 4 years of previous experience as an Administrative
Assistant supporting a C-Level executive; preferable experience
would be with a non-profit organization.
- 2+ years of executive assistant experience preferred in working
in an executive assistant role supporting a C-Level executives,
preferable experience would be with a non-profit organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced proficiency (ability to utilize software
independently) with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Ability to use IT tools including hand-held devices, PC's,
tablets, printers, Teams, etc., without support or
- Ability to prioritize tasks from multiple individuals and to
work under pressure while maintaining composure and diplomacy.
- Ability to thrive while working independently or with others,
exhibiting strong teamwork skills and the confidence to lead and
motivate others when working on special projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing workloads.
- Exhibits a problem-solving approach to work assignments while
utilizing critical thinking skills. Other Conditions of Employment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire.
- Willing to undergo a criminal records check with acceptable
clearance from DHS and/or DSS (Live Scan fingerprinting).
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and acceptable
driving record (MVR) upon hire and throughout employment. Must have
24 months of licensed driving experience at time of hire. Proof of
vehicular insurance is required upon hire and maintained throughout
- Must complete all other required new hire training requirements
including CPR/First Aid.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of consumer Protected Health
Information (PHI) used for treatment, payment, health care, etc.,
and personal information of consumers.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to work
flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, as
dictated by the needs of the business for projects, meetings, and
events. Why Apply?--- Rewarding work--- Medical, Vision, and Dental
benefits offered--- Life Insurance Coverage--- Retirement Plan---
Paid sick and vacation time--- Discounted amusement park tickets,
cell phone plans, gym memberships, etc.Please apply at:
https://www.HGHjobs.com. A completed application is required to be
considered for employment. Thank you for your interest in Home of
Keywords: Home of Guiding Hands, El Cajon , Executive Assistant, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!