Fabricator I - Certified - 2B Weekend Shift - El Cajon, CA
Company: GKN Aerospace Services
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Date: Jun 17, 2022
Location: El Cajon, CA, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
Under close supervision responsibilities may include assembly,
forming, finishing, material removal, inspection, rework and repair
of assembly components and parts, per customer specification,
maintenance of machine tools, hydraulic systems, CNC equipment,
vacuum and electrical systems on equipment throughout the company.
Includes, but not limited to, operation of machines, hand and power
tools, gages and measuring instruments, fabrication of temporary
tooling, tooling maintenance and first level maintenance.
* Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material
determines method to remove material to meet customer
specification. Removal of material by tank by media.
* Prepares parts for the tank by painting and patching and removing
all required maskant for etch. Uses exacto knife and scale to hand
layer out patterns.
* Drilling, assembling rivets and brackets on segments and rings,
trimming and paint touch up.
* Deburrs and forms parts using expanders, hot dye presses and
* Masks parts as required by applying tape to holes, masking first
cut parts and strip boards.
* Strips flanges with knife, loads parts using crane and runs laser
* Maintains records associated with periodic maintenance and orders
spare/replacement parts as required.
* Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage
and cleaning duties in full compliance with company standards,
customer and government regulations.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture,
which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals,
to include issues that involve "cost, quality, process, schedule
* Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and
to protect the environment through the establishment and support of
Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
* Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on
Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of
responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the
United States Government.
* Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as
* High school diploma or GED
* 6+ months of experience in manufacturing.
* Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and diagrams.
* Must have the ability to be certified to operate forklift.
* GKN Experience
* Experience working with hazardous materials and/or chemicals.
* The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is
* Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting or safety, quality
and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering
* Must be willing to work in repetitive production environment with
concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Services, El Cajon , Fabricator I - Certified - 2B Weekend Shift - El Cajon, CA, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!