Diesel Mechanic - Immediate Opening
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Overview:Transit Mechanics needed at El Cajon,CA.
Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified technicians for our El
Cajon location. We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet
technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with
daily safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev at El Cajon and become a part of the largest
private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that
cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages- starting rate $33.00
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and
vision) and group life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdevs presence in
over 200+ communities across North America
- Bonus paid yearly for all certificationsResponsibilities:
- Diagnoses and repairs various coach systems with major,
complicated/complex problems under general supervision.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, maintains and installs
component parts of transit vehicles
- Inspects and diagnoses problems on all assigned transit
vehicles and equipment
- Services and/or repairs all assigned transit vehicles and
related light and heavy mechanical equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance procedure inspections to
transit vehicles as required by Federal, state, and local
guidelines; performs preventative maintenance as needed
- Performs upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems and
- Performs road calls and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area
- Other duties as required.Qualifications:Education, Licensing,
and Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must be able to obtain a Commercial Driving License with
Passenger and Airbrake endorsements
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
- Three H or T series ASE certifications preferred, of which two
must include H2, T2, T4 or H4.
- Additionally, optimally, will possess 609 and 608 air
- 3-4 years of experience in the repair and maintenance of all
types of heavy duty transit equipment preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must demonstrate mechanical proficiency and mentoring
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure
- Ability to read schematics, and other mechanical diagrams
- Ability to read and write routine reports, forms, and other
documentation or correspondence
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong
attention to details
Travel requirement (as a percent): Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals. Associated
topics: athletic, grounds, laborer, land fill, landscaping, lawn,
podadore, rug, tree, tree maintenance
Keywords: transdevna, El Cajon , Diesel Mechanic - Immediate Opening, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!