Company: TAYLOR-LISTUG, INC
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Are you a guitar-loving designer whose dream gig is to create high
quality ideas for an innovative guitar manufacturing company? Do
you crave a fun and creative work environment? Do you have a talent
for conceptualizing product designs and layouts? We are looking to
add a key member to our digital and creative design team that will
lead Taylor's visual appearance, while advancing Taylor's marketing
efforts. The right person will be able to create and maintain
content on all of our digital platforms, while staying current on
design trends and practices. If you feel you are the right fit for
this opportunity, apply online today!
The Digital Designer works on the digital and creative team,
providing high quality design, UX concepts, and strategies to
advance Taylor Guitar's marketing efforts. This role is responsible
for conceptualizing and producing high quality design work within
brand guidelines to support key brand initiatives, focused on
digital marketing efforts. The Digital Designer also leads the
layout and visual appearance of digital assets and experiences,
collaborates with other team members, as well as external vendors
and teams to deliver best-in-class design presentations built both
around customers' needs and Taylor Guitars' business
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm -
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential
Functions Statement(s) -
- Creates, implements and maintains digital content, features,
functionality, and experiences to educate/assist guitar shoppers
and meet the organization's marketing objectives on Taylor Guitars'
web and app properties based in Drupal, WordPress, Shopify, and
- Recommends and designs strategic, creative, and interactive
design solutions for digital platforms such as web, video, email,
social media, apps, digital ads, and other performance marketing
- Conceptualizes UX and develops wireframes, designs, and
prototypes that demonstrate new interactive functionality to
generate internal agreements, buy-in, and approvals.
- Conceptualizes design work and messaging strategies for
traditional media applications including retail, print, direct
mail, and other to generate internal agreements, buy-in, and
- Coordinates closely with agencies and/or production and
development personnel to ensure accurate deliverables.
- Manages multiple agencies and other external partners in the
development and execution of project deliverables while meeting
timing, budget, and quality expectations.
- Works within Taylor creative guidelines/standards to ensure
cross-device and cross-browser/platform compatibility with branding
and style/tone consistency.
- Works with creative team to manage all digital assets in
various management tools.
- Stay current on both interactive and traditional marketing
design trends and best practices.
- Customer Focus - Knows who internal customers are. Identifies
opportunities that benefit the customer (internal and external).
Establishes and maintains effective relationships. Delivers
products that meet customer expectations.
- Results Oriented - Works as a productive and cooperative member
of a cohesive group. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite
obstacles and setbacks. Pushes self and helps others achieve
results. Solution vs. problem oriented. Demonstrates ability to
adjust when obstacles arise. Driven, dedicated, and tenacious
worker with a "do what it takes" approach.
- Communicates Effectively - Communicates proactively and with
purpose and professionally, in a concise and straightforward
manner. Attentively listens to others. Communicates to those
involved, especially if agreements cannot be kept. Ability to
speak/articulate confidently and listen exceptionally.
- Accountability - Takes personal responsibility for decisions,
behaviors, actions and failures, and commits to necessary
corrective action. Able to admit limitations of knowledge, yet
demonstrate a willingness to do what is needed to improve.
Proactively seeks feedback without being defensive. Does what is
right because it is the right thing to do. Leaves personal
circumstances outside of work in order to remain engaged in the
task at hand. Maintains a positive attitude despite
- Reliability - Demonstrates reliable and predictable attendance
- Website Administration - Demonstrated experience with
creating/updating website content and assets for a CMS-driven
website. Experience with Drupal, Wordpress and Shopify as well as
one or more B2B websites, ideally for major brands, are major
- Conceptuality - Strong strategic thinker able to create both
ideas and executions alike, with a user-focus and considerations
for both user experience and design. Stress-tolerant, flexible,
quick thinking, reasonable, logical, and accurate.
- Search Engine Optimization - Demonstrated knowledge and ability
for designing on-page and off-page multimedia content to increase
organic traffic to web properties from search engines is a
- Responsive Design - Proven success in designing responsive
and/or mobile-first web/app/email content.
- Project Management - Proven ability to drive projects forward
from concept to execution and deliver results, create project
schedules/milestones, and work with a comfort for handling numerous
projects and tight deadlines.
Education & Experience: High School Graduate or General Education
Degree (GED) required.
Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school)
preferred, ideally in marketing or design. - At least 3 years in
design or related field. Web, email design, digital and/or app
development experience a plus!
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud applications,
including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator is highly
- Thorough working knowledge of UX software such as Adobe XD or
Figma is highly preferred.
- -Mobile-first design experience for website and email marketing
efforts is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of design principles for Drupal, Wordpress
and Shopify content management systems.
- Additional platform experience such as SalesForce Commerce
Cloud is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Thorough working knowledge of search ranking and optimization
factors, standards and best practices preferred.
- Proficiency with optimization tools such as Google Optimize,
VWO, or Optimizely is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including
Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Practical knowledge of Google Suite of tools is a
- Proficiency with project management and team communication
software such as Airtable, Trello, and Slack is a plus.
Keywords: TAYLOR-LISTUG, INC, El Cajon , Digital Designer, Other , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!