Company: Paul Hansen Equipment
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: March 16, 2020
The Lead Estimator will participate daily in all aspects of the
bid/estimating process. Review of plans and specs, soliciting and
negotiating prices from vendors/suppliers and interaction with
owners/subcontractors/engineers for utility and earthwork
- Prepare complete and accurate quantity take-off to build an
estimate.Prepare and maintain status of bid plan, documents and
reproduction (document control).
- Review bid requirements, specifications and scopes of work
- Solicit bids from sub-subcontractors and vendor/suppliers.
- Maintain good communication with engineers, consultants,
subcontractors, sub-subcontractors and vendors/suppliers to clarify
scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements.
- Prepare thorough, detailed and well annotated estimates.
- Prepare thorough and comprehensive proposal of scopes of work,
clarifications, exclusions, and pricing alternative
- Participate in the internal estimate review process (including
peer bid review) and assist with final assembly of estimate
- Collect/organize bidding information for future use.
- Prepare contractual exhibits for scope of work (bid packages)
for sub-subcontracts, and direct information/documents to field
team and sub-subcontractors.
- Work with pursuit teams on specific tasks and scopes of work on
- Work with design build teams to create budget estimates.
- Participate in project handoff meetings.
- Assist operations during execution of the project providing
information, history and change order pricing when
- Build and maintain relationships with subcontractors,
vendors/suppliers, engineers, consultants and owners, and represent
Paul Hansen Pipeline Contractors in a professional capacity at
- Implement all applicable safety and EEO/Affirmative Action
programs on-site. Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering or
5 years of equivalent experience required.
- General knowledge of civil construction principles and
processes, as well as negotiated/hard bid processes.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Proficient with estimating technology and tools such as HCSS,
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and related software.
- Strong math and analytical skills with attention to
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Paul Hansen Pipeline
Contractors core values while maintaining a "value added" approach
Paul Hansen Pipeline Contractors is proud to be an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race,
color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious
beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Paul Hansen Equipment, El Cajon , Lead Estimator, Professions , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!