Business Development Analyst
Company: Taylor-Listug, Inc.
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:The Business Development Analyst will work as part of a
creative new team at Taylor to drive strategic insights across the
business, build a self-service data culture, and develop analytics
tools all throughout the organization. This highly collaborative
role will be responsible for partnering closely with sales
leadership and sales representatives, production managers, supply
chain, inventory planners, buyers, finance, marketing, and product
- Gain hands-on learning of how Taylor builds guitars by
performing Taylor's on-boarding and apprenticing your way through
- Complete Taylor Guitars University (TGU) training, and begin
developing expertise in the Taylor product lines.
- Build an attribute map of competitors' instruments - capturing,
cataloging, and understanding the guitar features that matter.60
- Joining the guitar attribute map and third-party sales research
data, tell a story about past/current/future trends in the
- Working with our sales teams, aggregate currently disparate
data from our B2B customers and create a unified field inventory
for our data warehouse.
- Working with our sales teams, consult with key accounts
customers over Taylor sales performance through their stores.90
- Design and build visualizations for Taylor sales teams that
drive tactical, actionable insights using sales data and the field
- Shadow inventory planners, production planners, and supply
chain to better understand Taylor operations.Responsibilities:
- Design, build, maintain, and teach BI tools for internal
continuous improvement throughout Taylor.
- Create customer insight tools for our sales team that raise the
bar in our industry, deepen our B2B relationships, and make Taylor
an increasingly valuable partner to our dealers.
- Blend third party, dealer/customer, and internal data to build
comprehensive analyses in international market sizing,
product/category performance, and the global competitive landscape
for guitar sales.
- Calibrate and fine-tune forecasts by working closely with sales
leadership, identifying strategic product and channel/customer
opportunities, and planning demand.
- Consult with manufacturing leadership in identifying production
constraints, setting build schedules, and developing performance
indicators that improve consistency and efficiency in our
- Collaborate with our supply-chain team to drive to capture more
value in sourcing and further improve LEAN procurement
- Design within Taylor creative and development
guidelines/standards to ensure cross-device and cross-browser
compatibility with consistent and maintainable branding,
style/tone, and code.
- Ensure work always meets timing, budget, and quality
- Teach business concepts and encourage data stewardship and
- Inspire and cultivate the growth of a data-driven culture
throughout the organization.COMPETENCIES
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others
using the spoken word and in writingclearly and concisely.
- Analytics - Excellent command of Tableau and SQL with a passion
for making data-driven decisions andusing both quantitative and
qualitative data to continually monitor KPIs, analyze/interpret
information,inform team thinking, identify
opportunities/shortcomings, adjust strategy, and align tactics.
- Technical Aptitude - Apply technical skills to recommend solid,
achievable solutions, explain complexideas/alternatives/risks
clearly, communicate a project vision and satisfy requirements.
- Database Management - Experience with multi layered approaches
to wrangling disparate data sources,creating ETL flows, and working
with a managed data warehouse.
- Team Oriented - Ability to work with cross-functional
departments such as product development,manufacturing, accounting,
materials management, sales, marketing, and IT.
- Project Management - Proven ability to drive projects forward
from concept to execution and deliverresults, create project
schedules/milestones, and work with a comfort for handling numerous
projects andtight deadlines.
- Leadership - Proven success in leading, motivating, fostering,
and influencing project teams to do greatwork, produce inspired
digital experiences, and deliver needle-moving results.
- Strategy - Strong strategic and conceptual thinker able to both
synthesize abstract ideas as well as planand deliver execution of
those ideas; with a user-focus and considerations for both
experience and design.Qualifications:Education &
Experience:Bachelor's degree, preferably in statistics, math,
economics, business, finance, engineering, or science. At least 3+
years' experience in developing and managing BI tools, project
management, and strategizingdata architecture.Computer Skills:
- Advanced knowledge and experience using MS Excel, MS Power
Point is required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Business Intelligence
tools (preferably Tableau or Power BI) is required.
- Experience using SQL is preferred.
- Experience with Syspro (or any ERP), Vanguard (or any S&OP)
- Experience with R, SPSS, or SAS is a plus.
- Experience with SalesForce, or other major CRM platforms is a
- Curious - loves opportunities to learn.
- Analytical - adept at synthesizing difficult concepts, seeing
patters, and creating frameworks.
- Deliberate - Superb organizational, time management, and
multi-tasking skills are imperative.(Agile Project Management
and/or LEAN or Six Sigma training is a plus)
- Communicator - interacts clearly, succinctly, and authentically
across all levels of the business
- Teacher - can impart knowledge with enthusiasm, provide
context, and persuade
- Driven, dedicated, and tenacious worker with a "do what it
- Divergent thinking, always looking for new ideas and innovative
ways to improve.
- Stress-tolerant, flexible, quick thinking, reasonable, logical,
- Understands and can communicate uncertainty.
- Excellent attention to detail and enthusiasm for pixel-perfect
- Terrific sense of humor, open, and honest, with ability to work
easily with other diverse internal and external personnel.
- Values and invests time and energy in building
- Ability to speak/articulate confidently and listen
- Strong understanding of digital UI design principles including
layout, color, typography, etc.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and usability
- Past experience in a consumer retail sales environment is a
- Passion for, and experience in, playing acoustic guitar is a
plus.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSPhysical Demands Lift/CarryStand O
(Occasionally)Walk C (Constantly)Sit C (Constantly)Handling /
Fingering C (Constantly)Reach Outward F (Frequently)Reach Above
Shoulder O (Occasionally)Climb O (Occasionally)Crawl N (Not
Applicable)Squat or Kneel N (Not Applicable)Bend N (Not
Applicable)10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)11-20 lbs O
(Occasionally)21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)51-100 lbs N (Not
Applicable)Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)Push/Pull12 lbs or less N
(Not Applicable)13-25 lbs N (Not Applicable)26-40 lbs N (Not
Applicable)41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)N (Not Applicable) Activity
is not applicable to this occupation.O (Occasionally) Occupation
requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)F
(Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of
the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)C (Constantly) Occupation requires
this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)Other
Physical RequirementsVision (Near)
Keywords: Taylor-Listug, Inc., El Cajon , Business Development Analyst, Professions , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!