Project Control Analyst - IRAD
Company: General Atomics
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 17, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Control Analyst to
join the General Atomics Aeronatical Systems (GA-ASI) Independent
Research and Development (IRAD) Finance Group located in Poway, CA.
Under limited supervision, implements, develops and applies
planning, tracking, and analysis procedures for reporting on
projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of
risk. Participates in preparation, review, production, sign-off and
tracking of contract deliverables. Establishes and maintains
cost/schedule baseline, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
and related dictionaries, performs Estimates At Completion.
Implements and develops Earned Value Methodologies, performs
related variance analysis and works with Project Managers and
Senior Technical personnel to ensure uniform application of company
procedures. Develops and implements reporting procedures to report
project status and valuation of work in progress as well as
tracking procedures for contract deliverables. Participates in new
business proposals as required to develop schedule, manpower, and
cost estimates. Provides input to cost and management volumes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, tracks, analyzes, and reports on assigned
- Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baseline, develops Work
Breakdown Structures (WBS) and performs Estimates At
- Develops and implements earned value procedures and coordinates
with Project Managers and Senior Technical personnel to ensure they
are uniformly applied.
- Develops and implements reporting procedures to evaluate
project status, valuation of work in progress, and tracking of
- Prepares cost/schedule, variance and earned value
- Prepares cost and schedule documents in support of B&P
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment
in accordance with established operating procedures and
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to
the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or
a related discipline, along with eight or more years of related
experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of
- MS Project experience required.
- Must have a strong background analyzing multiple contract
types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Fixed
Price Level of Effort (FPLOE), Time and Materials (T&M), Cost
Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid
- Requires an understanding of GAAP and FAR.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to represent the
company independently on complex matters.
- Must be able to write, interpret and explain complex issues or
- Must be proficient with the following electronic software: word
processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and project management.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as
- US Citizenship Required
Keywords: General Atomics, El Cajon , Project Control Analyst - IRAD, Professions , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!