CDL A/B Drivers - High Hourly Compensation
Company: Waste Management
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It s a way to create
opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members
perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible
employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K
with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us?
Call Michele at (877) 557-4737 today
Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end
load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the
pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable
material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at
times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up
stage area. Driver will transport the material to a disposal,
transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways,
alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential
to successfully perform this job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the following tasks:
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and
Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and
DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all
local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and
documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle
Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs,
briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed
by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies
and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions,
including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or
potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or
- Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the
service level listed on service list.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer s
location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required when
excessive yardage must be removed.
- Positions and returns containers on the customer s property in
a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors
are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway
entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day
documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch
and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience operating a
vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the
last 7 years.
- Must be atleast 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment DOT drug screen
and DOT physical.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Or Call Michele at (877) 557-4737 today
Keywords: Waste Management, El Cajon , CDL A/B Drivers - High Hourly Compensation, Professions , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!