Logistics Specialist - 2nd Shift
Company: GKN Aerospace Services
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Date: Aug 22, 2022
Location: El Cajon, CA, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
Define and review KPIs, perform analysis, drive continuous
improvement projects, define methodology / standard work, manage
and monitor performance in the area of logistics and material flow
at site level. The role can cover the following (all or partially):
Inbound / Receiving, internal material movements, warehousing,
outbound / shipping, freight/transport management, cycle counting,
inventory management, transactional activities, packaging.
* Ensure safe working environment.
* Define standard work for logistics activities with the objectives
of reducing lead-time, reducing cost, improving customer service
(quality and delivery).
* Define and manage relationship with external partners (suppliers,
sub-contractors, freight forwarders, 3PL, customers) in relation to
the logistics activities (e.g. receiving/shipping schedules,
documentation, EDI etc).
* Develop process to ensure transactional activities will guarantee
inventory accuracy in the management system (ERP, MRP).
* Analyze performance and defines action plans to improve in line
with the site Supply Chain CI plan.
* Developing process and improvement activities in the following
APQC subjects for the relevant site(s).
* Manage logistics and warehousing.
* Plan and manage inbound material flow.
* Operate warehousing and outbound transportation.
* Manage returns; manage reverse logistics, inventory storage,
location and movement.
* Plan material handling and storage.
* Manage kitting operations.
* High School degree or equivalent.
* 3+ years of Manufacturing or Warehousing and logistics
experience, including some ERP/ MRP experience as well as
experience with inventory control, planning and cycle counts.
* U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance
and site SSA requirements.
* GKN experience.
* Value Stream Mapping, & Lean experience.
* Manufacturing Systems.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Project Management.
* APICS Basics of Supply Chain Management (BSCM) or equivalent.
* Transport Management.
* Material Handling Equipment.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Services, El Cajon , Logistics Specialist - 2nd Shift, Professions , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!