CNC Repair Technician
Company: Gables Search Group
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 13, 2022
JOB TITLE: CNC Repair Technician
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager
Perform a wide variety of tasks associated with repairing or
resolving issues with most CNC machine tools and other equipment.
Use precision test equipment to analyze, troubleshoot, and repair
intermediate mechanical and electrical problems. Intermediate
knowledge of the operation of CNC controls from different
manufacturers. Work closely with customers, vendors, OEM's, and
other "OUR CLIENT" personnel. Independently organize and complete
the work required to repair machine tools and other equipment.
Train and assist level 1- Equipment Repair technicians, other
level-2 Equipment Repair technicians, and preventive maintenance
technicians. Must have a good working knowledge and/or skills to a
moderate degree of accuracy. Troubleshoot and repair electrical and
electronic circuitry to a component level safely. Perform a variety
of specialized machine tool and equipment repair processes.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Level and alignment of machines and other various
- Troubleshoot and repair of major machine tool and equipment
- Disassemble, repair and rebuild equipment sub-assemblies and
- Organize, tag and mark components for future assembly.
- Identify, repair or replace damaged components.
- Report activities and expenses timely and accurately.
- Some Servo system tuning ability.
- Train other employees for advancement.
- Train customers on operation and maintenance of CNC control
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair of electrical and
- Communicate with customers, vendors, OEM's and "OUR CLIENT"
- Accurate and timely reporting of job related hours and
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized.
- Work with very limited supervision.
- Other duties as assigned. INSTRUCTIONS, METHODS AND PROCEDURES
Work assignment via dispatched Work Orders. Most technical
instruction will come from fellow Equipment Repair technicians,
Equipment Repair Leads or OEM support personnel, OEM Maintenance
Manuals or Training class documentation.
RELATIONS TO OTHERS:
Customer relations - Production Management and operators.
OEM relations - Management, maintenance support, parts
"OUR CLIENT" relations - Maintenance Management, purchasing
support, internal Administration, Equipment Repair Leads, Other
Equipment Repair Technicians, Preventative Maintenance and assembly
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB:
- Advanced machine tool and equipment knowledge and
- 5 or more years of experience in machine tool and equipment
- Associates degree in electronic engineering or related field of
study--experience may be substituted for the education.
- Complete knowledge of machine tool and equipment mechanical
systems and components.
- Ability to read and analyze mechanical assembly drawings and
- Full understanding of equipment specifications and have an
adequate knowledge of test equipment.
- Mechanical hand tools and tool box.
- Fork Lift, Scissor Lift, and Boom lift Training and
- Intermediate knowledge of parametric programming and ladder
- Extensive knowledge of customer's safety practices and
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and some power tools.
- Working knowledge of production applications processes and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of "OUR CLIENT" company policies.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Moderate troubleshooting abilities.
- In depth understanding of CNC controls and functions.
- Ability to read and understand electrical assembly drawings and
- Frequent reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. EDUCATION:
High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires minimum one-year mechanical background with CNC equipment
repair noted above. Must be willing to work in a repetitive
production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and
schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team player as well
as independently is required.
"OUR CLIENT" MACHINE TOOL SOLUTIONS OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND
EXCELLENT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Uniforms and Cell Phones
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays.
- Health Insurance, Vision, Life, Dental, Long & Short-Term
Disability, 401k Profit Sharing
- Referral Bonus Program of $2500
- A Positive Work Environment ABOUT "OUR CLIENT" MACHINE TOOL
"OUR CLIENT" Machine Tool Solutions is a provider of machine tools
and services specializing in helping customers maximize their
production requirements through unique solutions. Established in
1989, we are known nationwide as the premier provider in the areas
of unique machine builds, CNC retrofitting, machine rebuilding, and
machine tool services and repair. At "OUR CLIENT", you will have
the opportunity to work alongside the most talented leaders in the
Machine Tool Industry. We are looking for passionate people to join
our team, who are excited to help us build the future generation of
this industry. Our passion is in solving customer's problems and
creating unique solutions that no other company can provide. In
order to accomplish our goal of being the best, we understand our
people have to be our asset and we are fully committed to investing
in your success.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, El Cajon , CNC Repair Technician, Professions , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!