CNC Repair Technician
Company: KRC Machine Tool Solutions
Location: El Cajon
Posted on: November 19, 2022
ABOUT KRC MACHINE TOOL SOLUTIONSKRC Machine Tool Solutions is a
provider of machine tools and services specializing in helping
customers maximize their production requirements through unique
solutions. Established in 1989, we are known nationwide as the
premier provider in the areas of unique machine builds, CNC
retrofitting, machine rebuilding, and machine tool services and
repair. At KRC, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the
most talented leaders in the Machine Tool Industry. We are looking
for passionate people to join our team, who are excited to help us
build the future generation of this industry. Our passion is in
solving customer's problems and creating unique solutions that no
other company can provide. In order to accomplish our goal of being
the best, we understand our people have to be our #1 asset and we
are fully committed to investing in your success.WORK
SUMMARY:Perform a wide variety of tasks associated with repairing
or resolving issues with most CNC machine tools and other
equipment. Use precision test equipment to analyze, troubleshoot,
and repair intermediate mechanical and electrical problems.
Intermediate knowledge of the operation of CNC controls from
different manufacturers. Work closely with customers, vendors,
OEM's, and other KRC personnel. Independently organize and complete
the work required to repair machine tools and other equipment.
Train and assist level 1- Equipment Repair technicians, other
level-2 Equipment Repair technicians, and preventive maintenance
technicians. Must have a good working knowledge and/or skills to a
moderate degree of accuracy. Troubleshoot and repair electrical and
electronic circuitry to a component level safely. Perform a variety
of specialized machine tool and equipment repair
processes.DESCRIPTION OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Level and alignment of machines and other various
- Troubleshoot and repair of major machine tool and equipment
- Disassemble, repair and rebuild equipment sub-assemblies and
- Organize, tag and mark components for future assembly.
- Identify, repair or replace damaged components.
- Report activities and expenses timely and accurately.
- Some Servo system tuning ability.
- Train other employees for advancement.
- Train customers on operation and maintenance of CNC control
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair of electrical and
- Communicate with customers, vendors, OEM's and KRC
- Accurate and timely reporting of job related hours and
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized.
- Work with very limited supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.INSTRUCTIONS, METHODS AND PROCEDURES
USED:Work assignment via dispatched Work Orders. Most technical
instruction will come from fellow Equipment Repair technicians,
Equipment Repair Leads or OEM support personnel, OEM Maintenance
Manuals or Training class documentation.RELATIONS TO
OTHERS:Customer relations - Production Management and operators.OEM
relations - Management, maintenance support, parts personnel.KRC
relations - Maintenance Management, purchasing support, internal
Administration, Equipment Repair Leads, Other Equipment Repair
Technicians, Preventative Maintenance and assembly technicians.KRC
MACHINE TOOL SOLUTIONS OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND EXCELLENT
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Uniforms and Cell Phones
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays.
- Health Insurance, Vision, Life, Dental, Long & Short-Term
Disability, 401k Profit Sharing
- Referral Bonus Program of $2500
- A Positive Work EnvironmentJOB TITLE: CNC REPAIR
TECHNICIANIMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: GENERAL MANAGER
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB:
- Advanced machine tool and equipment knowledge and
- 5 or more years of experience in machine tool and equipment
- Associates degree in electronic engineering or related field of
study--experience may be substituted for the education.
- Complete knowledge of machine tool and equipment mechanical
systems and components.
- Ability to read and analyze mechanical assembly drawings and
- Full understanding of equipment specifications and have an
adequate knowledge of test equipment.
- Mechanical hand tools and tool box.
- Fork Lift, Scissor Lift, and Boom lift Training and
- Intermediate knowledge of parametric programming and ladder
- Extensive knowledge of customer's safety practices and
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and some power tools.
- Working knowledge of production applications processes and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of KRC company policies.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Moderate troubleshooting abilities.
- In depth understanding of CNC controls and functions.
- Ability to read and understand electrical assembly drawings and
- Frequent reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.EDUCATION:
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of
education and experience.EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires minimum one-year mechanical background with CNC
equipment repair noted above. Must be willing to work in a
repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost,
quality and schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team
player as well as independently is required.PI195935583
Keywords: KRC Machine Tool Solutions, El Cajon , CNC Repair Technician, Professions , El Cajon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!